Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Aug 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

I think I have already accepted that I am going to be flying via London or Dublin. Apart from it being cheaper I actually think is some ways it will be almost less hassle and potentially more flexible. On the plus side if I am happy to fly via somewhere it makes it cheaper and I am happy with that!
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
vanderbar
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by clairenutter View Post
I think I have already accepted that I am going to be flying via London or Dublin. Apart from it being cheaper I actually think is some ways it will be almost less hassle and potentially more flexible. On the plus side if I am happy to fly via somewhere it makes it cheaper and I am happy with that!
Same here - the flight prices are eye-watering, cheaper to wait a few hours and more flexible (ie can go 14 days)
vanderbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think the lack of a 14 night option may be what nails it for most people. We’re going with the Wednesday out, Friday back next year because it’s a special trip but I’m not going to be able to take nearly 3 weeks off work every year and I’m not going to limit myself to a 13 night holiday when I don’t need to. It’ll be interesting to see if it continues when the dust settles (whenever that may be!).

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That’s what we’re thinking for future trips. The additional cost and hassle of getting to Edinburgh means it would be easier to fly from London or Dublin for us too. Opens up more airlines too which, sadly, May mean not always virgin like usual, depending on prices. We were alway willing to pay that bit extra to fly from Glasgow
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re flying non direct for the time next year. Going BA via LHR. Dates are more flexible and it is coming in cheaper.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

I am around 50 mins away from Glasgow and about 2 hours wish away from Edinburgh so I am also just as easy flying via somewhere plus it might end up being cheaper and is most definitely more flexible. Plus if you fly in with virgin via Edinburgh you are forced to take a strange number of nights! Via London is totally up to me!
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mamma mia those prices!

We have a package for September next year locked in with Virgin. Originally flying from Glasgow, 13 nights, 2 rooms at Rosen LBV, with an Intermediate SUV with top tier insurance £4.5k - we've always thought this was a great deal.

Plans have changed and we're looking to remove a passenger, the car and a room, and the price is going up! Not just up a little, up thousands. Madness.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Mamma mia those prices!

We have a package for September next year locked in with Virgin. Originally flying from Glasgow, 13 nights, 2 rooms at Rosen LBV, with an Intermediate SUV with top tier insurance £4.5k - we've always thought this was a great deal.

Plans have changed and we're looking to remove a passenger, the car and a room, and the price is going up! Not just up a little, up thousands. Madness.
Really? Thats Crazy!
Old 31 Aug 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
a_broxibear
Earning My Ears

Where did you book via to book for October 2022? I am very interested in flying this route. Doing immigration before getting to Orlando sounds so very appealing!

Also I contacted Virgin and they have told me the flights from Edinburgh to Orlando will leave on a Wednesday and a Saturday and flights from Orlando to Edinburgh will be on a Tuesday and a Friday. Not ideal for me the way my working days fall so I am looking at other airports and airlines.

I am so disappointed the airport has changed to Edinburgh. Coming from Ayrshire Glasgow was so much more convenient!

Claire x
through Hayes Travel
a_broxibear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you. The ladies that work in my local Hayes are always so helpful. We used them all the time when they were Thomas Cook! I will most definitely be contacting them!
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05