Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 29 Aug 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Walmart delivery to UK

I see that there are some companies that can deliver Walmart goods to the UK.

I am wondering if anyone has done this? More specifically for something like Naproxin tablets which are sold off the shelf in the USA, but not in the UK. Will they deliver these?

Thanks
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

If there not available in the UK anywhere they will not be approved medication I’d have thought so it’s unlikely you’ll be able to get them delivered. I had the same thing with a carpet cleaning product I bought in the US as it’s not approved they wouldn’t deliver it.
Just searched for it and it’s a prescription only drug here.

Edited at 05:48 PM.
keith1973 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Personal import of Medication would fall under the responsibility of the medicines and healthcare agency info@mhra.gov.uk
You could drop them a line and they can advise before you spend any money on an order.
I think you may find it is not permitted as everyone would do it
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

I used to buy Walmart medicines from an agent in Switzerland but in January he was no longer able to deliver to the UK.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Realistically it’s unlikely you’ll be able to directly Import medication if their restricted in the uk, you may be able use a personal shopper
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Realistically it’s unlikely you’ll be able to directly Import medication if their restricted in the uk, you may be able use a personal shopper
Importing (including using a 3rd Party) unapproved medication into the UK without a license is a criminal offence so probably not the best idea.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BigTimWelsh
I want to go now!

Importing medicines that are approved for use in the country of origin for personal use or for the use of an immediate family member is allowed.

That applies whether you are carrying them yourself or have them posted to you.

However parcels should be properly labellled to describe the contents and should contain an amount commensurate with personal use (3 months supply often quoted).

There are international pharmacies that will do this but not sure about Walmart (I always picked up a tub of naproxen there too)
BigTimWelsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by BigTimWelsh View Post
Importing medicines that are approved for use in the country of origin for personal use or for the use of an immediate family member is allowed.

That applies whether you are carrying them yourself or have them posted to you.

However parcels should be properly labellled to describe the contents and should contain an amount commensurate with personal use (3 months supply often quoted).

There are international pharmacies that will do this but not sure about Walmart (I always picked up a tub of naproxen there too)
That does assume that you have a prescription rather than intending to use it like OTC Ibuprofen.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I see that there are some companies that can deliver Walmart goods to the UK.

I am wondering if anyone has done this? More specifically for something like Naproxin tablets which are sold off the shelf in the USA, but not in the UK. Will they deliver these?

Thanks
There are some online pharmacies/prescribing services in the UK that will supply naproxen after an online consultation. Certainly not as cheap as buying a big pot from Walmart though. A few years ago I looked at buying big pots of paracetamol and using a shipping company like mymallbox but they won't ship medicines.

Have you asked your GP if you can have a prescription? It would depend on what you're using it for an how often though as they have prescribing guidelines they need to follow.

I have some experience through my job of looking at the legalities of the shipping medication for personal use into and out of US and it's not simple. I've sat in on some high level discussions and enforcement bodies don't really agree what's allowed either!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BigTimWelsh
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by DanLees View Post
That does assume that you have a prescription rather than intending to use it like OTC Ibuprofen.
No, it’s not illegal for you to walk through customs with some naproxen or some diclofenac tablets (Voltarol) which you bought legitimately in Orlando or Rome. But which are both not available otc in UK. Same if you get them sent to you.

If they are not controlled drugs (as some prescription drugs are) you can bring them in. So long as approved for use in country of origin.

People with some conditions use this to obtain e.g. thyroid medication or other medicines not approved by NICE and do not easily available in UK.
BigTimWelsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List