Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 30 Aug 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Morgan
New Poster (2)

Annual Passholder upgrade

Hi all DIbb experts. I am going to wdw next summer and Christmas and hold 2 x 2 week WDW ultimate tickets costing £499 for each holiday. Do you think I could upgrade my WDW to the cheapest APH ticket after the first holiday so that I could have the APH discount for the Christmas holiday ? Anyone know if this is possible and how much extra it would be ?
Ps: the reason I am not buying a incredible level APH ticket is because a) I want the WDW 50th birthday dinning credits and b) because I want to book my park days in advance . APH’s can only have 5 days of park reservations at any one time . Thanks !
Minnie Morgan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

UK residents only qualify for the top tier AP, the lower levels are for Florida residents and DVC owners only. But if you want to do it, yes you can upgrade - just visit a ticket window towards the end of your first holiday. I believe you have to upgrade while your ticket is still valid rather than after your trip, but on your last day would be fine. The price is typically the difference between the ticket you paid for and the cost of the AP.

Edited at 06:14 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie Morgan View Post
Hi all DIbb experts. I am going to wdw next summer and Christmas and hold 2 x 2 week WDW ultimate tickets costing £499 for each holiday. Do you think I could upgrade my WDW to the cheapest APH ticket after the first holiday so that I could have the APH discount for the Christmas holiday ? Anyone know if this is possible and how much extra it would be ?
Ps: the reason I am not buying a incredible level APH ticket is because a) I want the WDW 50th birthday dinning credits and b) because I want to book my park days in advance . APH’s can only have 5 days of park reservations at any one time . Thanks !
It is cheaper to hold 2x 14 day tix however; you would get free parking and discounts. Remember you would need to add $99 per AP on for memory maker and water parks if you want those. If you want to upgrade the tickets I’m not sure you would be able to use the value of 2x tix per person towards APs - that would be something you need to clarify with Disney.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just seen on a US FB group that you can only uses the value of 1 ticket not both towards an
AP
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

It’s worth bearing in mind that as a family, you would only need to add memory maker to one AP. They’ll then be able to download the photos and share them.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Just seen on a US FB group that you can only uses the value of 1 ticket not both towards an
AP
I was assuming OP was planning to cancel the Christmas tickets after upgrading the summer ones to an AP.

While I think of it OP, if you're staying onsite for both trips, you aren't limited to the 5 park reservations. This is for offsite AP holders. Anyone staying onsite can make park reservations (assuming they have some form of ticket or AP of course) for the full length of stay. But you're correct that you need the Ultimate tickets for your first stay for the dining credits offer.
Old 31 Aug 21, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We do not have any confirmation that we will be able to upgrade to the new APs yet or how much it will cost. We won't know for sure until the Uk passemgers can travel direct to the US. Current guesses are based on what was possible with the old passes. There is no reason that it will change but this is Disney..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
We do not have any confirmation that we will be able to upgrade to the new APs yet or how much it will cost. We won't know for sure until the Uk passemgers can travel direct to the US. Current guesses are based on what was possible with the old passes. There is no reason that it will change but this is Disney..
Actually they have confirmed this on the US passholder site.

Starting September 8, extend the fun by upgrading an eligible ticket into a select Annual Pass. If you purchased an eligible theme park ticket, you can apply the entire price paid into a select Annual Pass.
While there is the caveat of eligible tickets, there is no reason why these would not include UK tickets as they are standard multi-day tickets.

Edited at 07:50 AM.