Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Sep 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
For an organisation that has lost Millions they sure are spending like mad at the moment.

Anyhow my heart bleeds for them and their lost money. Not!
Totally agree Tom
And the greed that they have now is putting us off going back to be honest, it's a complete rip-off
I'd rather go somewhere else in the US now
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emmandi View Post
Having looked through a lot of Genie+ material, it seems Disney is really hammering the “flexibility” note.

Disney seem to think people weren’t happy with Fastpass+ and the way people were booking so far in advance and were complaining about the lack of spontaneity available.

Maybe the griping about everything being planned out in advance made them change the game as with Genie+ it’s one and then one etc no prebooking.

I’m aware that doesn’t mean they had to charge for it, but they’ve lost revenue for so long it’s kinda understandable and is still cheaper than ExpressPass at universal.
That is the only thing that is attractive to me, I hated planning so far out. Shame it doesn't cover the most popular rides and about the cost (and the extra cost of getting a smartphone - but it looks like I'm also going to need it for other things very soon.)
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
That is the only thing that is attractive to me, I hated planning so far out. Shame it doesn't cover the most popular rides and about the cost (and the extra cost of getting a smartphone - but it looks like I'm also going to need it for other things very soon.)
But you are no better off as it was not compulsory to book in advance. Whereas now you have to pay to search for an on the day lightening pass, whereas previously you could search for a fastpass on the day for free.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
But you are no better off as it was not compulsory to book in advance. Whereas now you have to pay to search for an on the day lightening pass, whereas previously you could search for a fastpass on the day for free.
I disagree. You will only be up against people who are booking that day on the day. There will still be a chance that the fast passes will run out, as they did on the paper system, but on the whole I think it will suit me better. But, do I want to pay just for a chance of a fastpass - I don't know.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

and is still cheaper than ExpressPass at universal.
It might be cheaper, but the deluxe hotels give ExpressPass for free, unless Disney are planning this.
Also ExpressPass as given by a hotel is all day, when you like as often as you like, which is far superior.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Having looked through a lot of Genie+ material, it seems Disney is really hammering the “flexibility” note.

Disney seem to think people weren’t happy with Fastpass+ and the way people were booking so far in advance and were complaining about the lack of spontaneity available.

Maybe the griping about everything being planned out in advance made them change the game as with Genie+ it’s one and then one etc no prebooking.

I’m aware that doesn’t mean they had to charge for it, but they’ve lost revenue for so long it’s kinda understandable and is still cheaper than ExpressPass at universal.
So in fact they are doing this for our own good!
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollie04
Proud to wear my Ears

I think it's all marketing spin. Disney wanted to capitalise on fastpass and there have been rumours from allegedly trustworthy sources for years. There will be some reliable research that customers want flexibility which gives Disney a "reason" to create a "new product". There was no reason other than $$$ that they couldn't just change the parameters on the existing app if they wanted to remove the 60 day pre booking.
I would argue that it's not the revolution they're claiming when you still need a park pass which can be booked further in advance than FP+.

Edit: it's not cheaper than Universal if you stay on site. Universal gives express pass for free if you stay in their top tier hotels. The last time I checked their hotels were also significantly cheaper than the likes of the monorail resorts.

Edited at 12:07 AM.
Hollie04 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List