Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 6 Sep 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Ticket expiration

We usually buy a 5 day base ticket and use it over our 3 week stay (been many times therefore that is enough) have been looking and it seems they all expire shortly after the first day we use them which is a shame as we like to spread things out!
Is there anyway around this ? Or do we just pay at the gate on the day?
Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks
Mrs sun.x
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Unfortunately not, the longest US ticket expires after 14 days and the shorter ones you only get an extra day or two over the length to use them now. So if you want a spread out visit, the easiest option is probably going to be separate day tickets, since you don't really get any significant savings until you're at about a 4 or 5 day ticket.

I'd still purchase them in advance, since you'll need to make park reservations and it just saves one extra queue on the day. Check the seasonal pricing on the day tickets though, it may work out cheaper to buy a UK ticket to use for 3 or 4 visits over 15 days and then a day ticket or 2 for the remaining time. One day base tickets starts at around $120 but can go up to around $170 during peak.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Thanks loldis this has really helped and will have a look later.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Sadly, a few years ago Disney changed things so that a 5-day ticket is only valid over a 8 day period. Even before Disney made that change, the 5-day ticket had to be used over a 14 day period.

You may find that it's cheaper to get a 14-day UK ticket than buying a few 1 or 2 day tickets. For example, two 2-day base tickets plus one 1-day base ticket (so 5 days in total) will cost you about £460.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Thanks nimbus, it’s such a shame really as we are fortunate to be able to go for 3-4 weeks and have hammered the parks but just love Orlando so we keep returning! And yes🤣we still like to make a trip to the parks though not as much as we used to ! I have thought about the 14 day ticket but I may end up in a divorce court! I think I would want to go much more but my poor hubby just wants a rest!hmmmm I just love Disney problems!🥰🥰
Old 8 Sep 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mrs sun View Post
Thanks nimbus, it’s such a shame really as we are fortunate to be able to go for 3-4 weeks and have hammered the parks but just love Orlando so we keep returning! And yes🤣we still like to make a trip to the parks though not as much as we used to ! I have thought about the 14 day ticket but I may end up in a divorce court!
Haha.

The suggestion to get 14-day tickets was to save money - you don't actually have to use all 14 days! They would almost certainly be cheaper than five 1-day tickets, for example, if that's what you decided to do instead of getting a 5-day ticket.

BTW, it used to be the case that the tickets cost more if buying on the gate than buying them online in advance. So, as loldis suggests, I'd recommend buying them in advance whatever tickets you decide to get.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List