Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Apr 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MOUSEMARSH View Post
Great to hear Emma is doing well at the minute, fingers crossed things get even better in the near future, you never know we might see her in M&S one day, We will say hello if its ok.😁
Cheers Chris .
She doesn’t to my knowledge know of this page on the Dibb so please if you do see her , don’t let on 😀
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Cheers Chris .
She doesn’t to my knowledge know of this page on the Dibb so please if you do see her , don’t let on 😀
It will stay a secret 😁

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thought I would do a little update seeing as it’s been 5 months - blimey where has that gone .

Thankfully things have been pretty stable . Emma has been having therapy with a new therapist who she seems to get on with . The autism testing / diagnosis is continuing at a very slow pace .

The big news is that she is planning on starting Uni in a couple of weeks . Doing a Primary Education course at Manchester Metropolitan University.
She got hugely anxious about this last night as she always has difficulty making decisions and always believes once she has made a decision that it will turn out to be the wrong one .

So while I am sure it will be the right decision in the long run , she needs to have the confidence in herself to follow through and make it a success .

The plan is she will still work one day a week at M&S so that if Uni doesn’t work out , hopefully they will give her back more hours there .

DS a has been working more hours at M&S and is now planning staying there for a year while he decides what he wants to do career wise

Mum now has a new house . It requires plenty of cosmetic work and the garden requires a lot of work so not what I felt she should have bought , but she is there now and we will help her as best we can .
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Good to hear the update. Sounds like things are good I really hope it continues for you.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Huge good luck to your DD and your mum settling in well.

Remember and take time out for you.

Not had a good Scots v English words/food/whatever in a while 😉😄
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Good to read your update, have followed your story and hope all goes well for your daughter.

Tracy

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Sending nothing but good luck wishes to Emma, fingers firmly crossed that Uni goes well for her and she settles into her new routine smoothly...

My DD has her assessment at the Eating Disorder Clinic tomorrow, 9:15 to 2:30 Wish us luck...

Think of you all often, take good care.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Lovely positive update, i wish Emma well on her new steps on her journey. She is lucky to have you as a supportive family. It sounds a good plan to have something she can fall back on that will be familiar to her should she struggle with the change. Xxx
Old 9 Sep 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Hope everything goes well for you alibeau.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thanks for the update. All sounds very positive. Good luck to Emma and hope it works out for her. Please let us know. Look after yourselves x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List