Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Sep 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

This is the current deal on Apple, not sure whether you get a reduced price as well as AirPods

apple/uk/shop/education-pricing
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

We just bought DD an iPad from apple and it was 5% student discount and free AirPods!
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
We just bought DD an iPad from apple and it was 5% student discount and free AirPods!
Is that online or in store? We’d have to get it in store as we are en route.
Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
He’s studying at Queens University Belfast as we’re in NIreland. All classes are back to normal for now & hope it can stay that way! Where is your son off to? Exciting times ahead for them!
He is off to Birmingham to study History, really hoping things are all back to normal for him
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
My DS has just come back home for the weekend after "freshers week" but a lot of events are limited places due to covid restrictions and not enough spaces for everyone. Also for the first 2 weeks lectures are online and no tutorials face to face so he is considering just staying at home until then.

He has met his housemates, explored the campus but his room and the communal area are very warm and stuffy so even though I dropped a dimplex fan off for his room he is happy to be back at home for a few days as he doesn't cope with heat too well. Luckily he is only 20 minutes drive away and short term coming home at weekends for his weekend job. He feels once he starts his actual course and out the halls during the day things will improve.

Also he is still 17 and not into the partying side of Uni yet !

This is Heriot Watt Campus in Edinburgh.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Disney1sttimers View Post
Is that online or in store? We’d have to get it in store as we are en route.
We just happened to call in store…not sure if it is available online.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Nothing is ever straight forward is it! My dd could book and choose her date and time to go a few weeks ago when she was allocated her accommodation, which she did. My ds got his allocated slot through yesterday and guess what, exactly the same date and time 🤦🏼 Exactly what we really didn’t want!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Nothing is ever straight forward is it! My dd could book and choose her date and time to go a few weeks ago when she was allocated her accommodation, which she did. My ds got his allocated slot through yesterday and guess what, exactly the same date and time 🤦🏼 Exactly what we really didn’t want!
Typical! How far apart are they?

We got an allocated slot through for Bath... but they have said only the students to enter the halls. So she will have to carry it all up herself or with the "ambassadors ". No helping make the bed, no settling in. Her dad is quite upset by this...

And Dd20 moving (last minute after a relationship breakdown) into a shared house for uni, still hasn't had the contract to sign or key pick up day... waiting for agency to finish their checks - she starts around the 20th...

This house is getting stressy, just feel that sick feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach all the time. Can't wait to be the other side of this month.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Dd just got her timetable through. Is 9 hours of lectures normal? She has Monday online with 3 hours. Tue/wed/Thur two hour face to face lessons.

She’s also got a moving in date and time next Friday and there’s a link to registering with a GP and mobile vaccination centres for the first two weeks to get her second vaccine, which is really handy as she’s due her second w/c 20th.

A lot of her accommodation stuff has arrived via Amazon and IKEA so things are moving at pace now ! 😬 god I’m going to miss her! But hopefully she’ll be home some weekends as it seems she has Fridays off.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck to all those moving in this week and following weeks 💗
My daughters best friend is moving into his accommodation tomorrow in Edinburgh, we have just dropped a gift bag of goodies off for him 💗💗 It feels surreal because they will always be tiny tots to me 🥰🥰
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List