Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Air France flights cancelled

So, I've had the dreaded email although, unlike last time, they have automatically allocated me alternative flights which I'm trying to get my head around. I can also choose other flights with them at no extra cost. I have logged into my booking and I have to say, it's looks very easy to navigate my options and change when I am ready.

I would like to have moved my Disney booking forward by 1 or 2 days but after a 40 minute wait I was told no and that I would have to pay just over double for the same deal. I was lucky to have my half board dinning plan and 100 euro gift card transferred when they cancelled due to closure so this would be a huge loss.

Air France have offered me the day before going out and the day after coming back but this would mean booking a 1 night hotel stay either side. I don't mind this on the way there but on the way back it means my DD would be out of college 4 days instead of 3 and she's already said she's not keen on taking time off let alone an added day. Easy Jet don't fly from Newcastle and I defo want to fly.

I could also pick flights on the original dates but going out would get me there in the afternoon instead of mid-morning and coming back I'd have to leave first thing (losing a whole day) instead of 8:20pm.

Never easy

Edited at 07:15 PM.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I think there are flights to Paris from Leeds/Bradford airport - maybe worth a look?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've just had the same email! We were on the 6.10 outbound 28th Nov and the 8.20 inbound 1st Dec. Exactly the same situation as your flights. Looking at our options now.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 05:45 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fab Mam View Post
So, I've had the dreaded email although, unlike last time, they have automatically allocated me alternative flights which I'm trying to get my head around. I can also choose other flights with them at no extra cost. I have logged into my booking and I have to say, it's looks very easy to navigate my options and change when I am ready.

I would like to have moved my Disney booking forward by 1 or 2 days but after a 40 minute wait I was told no and that I would have to pay just over double for the same deal. I was lucky to have my half board dinning plan and 100 euro gift card transferred when they cancelled due to closure so this would be a huge loss.

Air France have offered me the day before going out and the day after coming back but this would mean booking a 1 night hotel stay either side. I don't mind this on the way there but on the way back it means my DD would be out of college 4 days instead of 3 and she's already said she's not keen on taking time off let alone an added day. Easy Jet don't fly from Newcastle and I defo want to fly.

I could also pick flights on the original dates but going out would get me there in the afternoon instead of mid-morning and coming back I'd have to leave first thing (losing a whole day) instead of 8:20pm.

Never easy
I'm sorted! Changed to the later flight on the day we were flying (so we lose about 5 hours), then I checked Newport Bay to add a night on - but 1 night was only £200 less than we originally paid for 3 nights! So I've booked the Ibis at Charles de Gaulle for the extra night - meaning we can stay in the parks as long as we want that day, get our transport to the airport hotel for the night and ready for the 10 am flight next day. The Ibis was only around £80 on Booking.com.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I'm sorted! Changed to the later flight on the day we were flying (so we lose about 5 hours), then I checked Newport Bay to add a night on - but 1 night was only £200 less than we originally paid for 3 nights! So I've booked the Ibis at Charles de Gaulle for the extra night - meaning we can stay in the parks as long as we want that day, get our transport to the airport hotel for the night and ready for the 10 am flight next day. The Ibis was only around £80 on Booking.com.
Ahhh glad you got sorted. That sounds like a good plan. I would love to do the same but my DD is unhappy about the extra day off college. I guess we could add a day to the start and benefit from extra morning magic on the Monday. Still seems pants losing a whole park day on the Wednesday though.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Ahhh glad you got sorted. That sounds like a good plan. I would love to do the same but my DD is unhappy about the extra day off college. I guess we could add a day to the start and benefit from extra morning magic on the Monday. Still seems pants losing a whole park day on the Wednesday though.
Hoping you get sorted and it doesn't change again! Bring back Easyjet - it was great for years with them. Will holidays ever be simple again do you think?
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 10 Sep 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
Hoping you get sorted and it doesn't change again! Bring back Easyjet - it was great for years with them. Will holidays ever be simple again do you think?
Ahhh I do hope they get easier. Well I've confirmed new flights based on discussions with DD. We will stick with the Saturday 11:30am flight that they have already moved us too. I will either book a budget hotel near Disney so we are ready to pounce the next morning. Or my DD has asked if we can stay at Cheyenne for 1 night to try it out so I am considering trading in £60 of Tesco club card voucher for £180 towards a Hotel.com stay which costs £326 so £146 actual cost to me. Only worry is that I would not get a refund for the vouchers if cancelled.

We are then getting the 8:20pm flight home on the Tuesday night so wasting our Tuesday night NBC hotel stay and breakfast. I'm wondering if they would offer us a small refund if they removed the Tue night. Thinking probs not as they would want to repackage the whole thing. I guess if I leave it, we would still be entitled to 3 half board meals or if flight cancelled again I could convince DD to stay another night

Complicated for sure and that's before I even get my head around testing etc.
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Ahhh I do hope they get easier. Well I've confirmed new flights based on discussions with DD. We will stick with the Saturday 11:30am flight that they have already moved us too. I will either book a budget hotel near Disney so we are ready to pounce the next morning. Or my DD has asked if we can stay at Cheyenne for 1 night to try it out so I am considering trading in £60 of Tesco club card voucher for £180 towards a Hotel.com stay which costs £326 so £146 actual cost to me. Only worry is that I would not get a refund for the vouchers if cancelled.

We are then getting the 8:20pm flight home on the Tuesday night so wasting our Tuesday night NBC hotel stay and breakfast. I'm wondering if they would offer us a small refund if they removed the Tue night. Thinking probs not as they would want to repackage the whole thing. I guess if I leave it, we would still be entitled to 3 half board meals or if flight cancelled again I could convince DD to stay another night

Complicated for sure and that's before I even get my head around testing etc.
What a shame at losing a 'paid for' night at Newport Bay - our planned leaving day is Wed Dec 1st and I think I read somewhere that the castle firework show restarts then so we thought we'd miss it (I may have imagined it!) so at least we might get to see that before heading off to the Ibis.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
What a shame at losing a 'paid for' night at Newport Bay - our planned leaving day is Wed Dec 1st and I think I read somewhere that the castle firework show restarts then so we thought we'd miss it (I may have imagined it!) so at least we might get to see that before heading off to the Ibis.
OMG! That would be awesome. If this is confirmed, I may have to change her mind and alter the flight again