Old 5 Sep 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Booking direct with Universal ?

Anyone done this ? Are there any benefits v booking via BA or Virgin etc ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Yep… I’ve booked direct a few times. I got AAA ( the AA) discount. Had to show my card on arrival.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Looking to book Cabana bay plus tickets do you think it’s cheaper/ just as cheap ? What’s the advantages ? I’ve got AA membership didn’t know it would get us discount can I ask what the discount is ? And how do you get it if booking via Universal website ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay

Edited at 08:01 AM.
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
I suppose the world has changed so much now that you’d need to weigh up all the various pros and cons of booking with uk travel v Universal.
I’ve never stayed at CB so dont know their prices really but have booked direct a few times with HRH using the website.
AAA discounts used to appear when filling in the details of dates etc on the online forms for Florida discounts and AAA.

Also I used AAA discount when staying at the Dolphin - you can get AAA discount for food etc too there ( 10%(?) off purchases at The Fountain burger and ice cream place and others.
I know it still applies as I only saw it a couple of days ago- but can’t see it again this second, sorry.
There used to be a thread on here too about AAA discount. I’ll try and find it 🙂 Those from the uk needed an extra code to show alongside their AA card.

I think what will probably work best for today’s current climate is to book the one you can get money back on easily. Or one you only pay a small deposit. Use credit card etc.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
There’s a thread on the Dibb from years ago, but if your current AA card has a euro arc symbol it is good to go. ( I’m not near my card so don’t know if this year’s cards do)

I can’t get the link to work from the Dibb thread, my phones not playing today for some reason, but this is the title “FAO AA Members-Temp AAA Discount Card”. The card is indefinite it says although I’ve not had time to look any further on than the initial post so apologies if ive sent you on a goose chase. It’s what we all used to use alongside our AA cards.
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Thanks for all your help everyone

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have a couple of times but I would go with whoever is cheapest. For our cancelled trip this year we were getting a great annual pass discount so booked direct. Cancelling was easy as we could do it online. We’re looking out for the same again for next year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimmy Mac
Trainee Dibber

Apologies for asking a daft question but we've only ever stayed at Disney for the free dining and parking now they're gone we're looking at the Universal hotels.

What is the AA or AAA card? Had a look at Universals website and Aventura looks really nice.
Jimmy Mac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

We have booked Cabana Bay with Virgin before. The benefits included free parking, complimentary drink on arrival, tubes for the pool and late checkout. Might be worth a look?
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jimmy Mac View Post
Apologies for asking a daft question but we've only ever stayed at Disney for the free dining and parking now they're gone we're looking at the Universal hotels.

What is the AA or AAA card? Had a look at Universals website and Aventura looks really nice.
Your AA card is the Automobile Association - the yellow van people that fix your car. The American version is the AAA. This card ( prior Covid at least) was a thing you could use and get 10-15% off at various places over at Universal and at Dolphin for resort stays and food etc