Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Sep 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Some great sounding plans here.

We nearly went to the Boston area in Feb 2020 when we booked a couple of weeks in advance. The lure of the sun was too strong though, and we went to Orlando instead.

"There'll be another time soon when we can head to Boston", I thought. How wrong I was...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Some great sounding plans here.

We nearly went to the Boston area in Feb 2020 when we booked a couple of weeks in advance. The lure of the sun was too strong though, and we went to Orlando instead.

"There'll be another time soon when we can head to Boston", I thought. How wrong I was...
Hopefully you'll get there soon, Bozza.

Boston and New England generally are great for holidays.
Old 17 Sep 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We love Boston and have been twice. Once coupled with New York and Amtrak, the other for the start and finish of our New England road trip (see trip report below).
Boston is such an easy city to get around and so much to do. You definitely don't need the car until you leave! I'd recommend The Boxer hotel.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anji View Post
We love Boston and have been twice. Once coupled with New York and Amtrak, the other for the start and finish of our New England road trip (see trip report below).
Boston is such an easy city to get around and so much to do. You definitely don't need the car until you leave! I'd recommend The Boxer hotel.
Thanks for the recommendation. Last time we stayed at the Colonnade, opposite the Cheesecake Factory... which was handy. I'll have a read of your trip report for inspiration.
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Our planned trip has taken shape.

I have now booked the accommodation and it's all cancellable and 100% refundable. Either no money or 1 night up front.

The route is Boston, Hiannis in Cape Cod, Boothbay Harbor, Bar Harbor and Manchester in Vermont.

I've tried to balance a good number of nights at each and reasonable journeys. The longest drive by far is Bar Harbor to Vermont, about 7 hours. Not too bad as I enjoy driving.

We have booked the car for the end of our stay in Boston.

Just need to think about bits and pieces that we may want to do. One of the things I like the sound of is a boat trip from Boothbay Harbor called Cabbage Island Clambake. Chowder and fresh 🦞.

Hopefully things will move forward and by July we'll have enough petrol to drive to LHR.
Old 3 Apr 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkrose
Getting Excited

I'm off on a road trip round New England in September/October this year. Look forward to hearing how your trip goes.
pinkrose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkrose View Post
I'm off on a road trip round New England in September/October this year. Look forward to hearing how your trip goes.
Hope your planning goes well. Where are you thinking of visiting? I’ll hopefully do an update on my return.
Old 3 Apr 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are doing Boston - Plymouth - Brewster Cape Cod - Ipswich MA - North Conway - Portsmouth - Boston in September. Very excited to do a different type of trip and visit some new places. Would have liked to explore Maine too but we seemed to run out of days!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
We are doing Boston - Plymouth - Brewster Cape Cod - Ipswich MA - North Conway - Portsmouth - Boston in September. Very excited to do a different type of trip and visit some new places. Would have liked to explore Maine too but we seemed to run out of days!
It sounds like a great trip. New England is a really nice area to tour. Happy planning.
Old 4 Apr 22, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
Sounds great. Maine is absolutely amazing - You’ll have to do it on another trip.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List