Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Funnily enough MH, the first all day breakfast pie I ever saw was the other week at Epic Pies at the back of St Paul’s - so you Southerners are clearly the trendsetters in this area.
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
VIP Dibber

I remember my Mum making this in the 70s🤢.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
I remember my Mum making this in the 70s🤢.
I would simply love to try that out of curiosity.

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Crispy pancakes still exist , just under the birds eye branding
I would sooner eat…. A birds eye than a Crispy pancake.. I remember the one that looked like creamy vomit with chunks of ham in it (as opposed to the obligatory carrots).

Edited at 09:41 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Vesta curries... Thought we were very exotic
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Vesta curries... Thought we were very exotic
Almost put me off curry for life😳 picking out the sultanas.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Apprentice Imagineer

My mum is not a good cook and I remember those pies from the 1970s as quite a treat.

Staying with her recently (she's now 89) we had them again for the first time in decades. All I can say is weren't they meant to have some pieces of meat in the gravy?
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
In my defence of making my very new husband Fray Bentos pies often🤣I did make a very good pineapple upside down cake with Birds custard powder(none of this pour from the carton rubbish) Didn't we all learn how to make pineapple upside down cake at school?
I did and made it loads at home, also flapjacks and we made Swiss rolls. My friend forget to put flour in her Swiss roll and we wet ourselves laughing when she got it out the oven, we got in trouble for laughing! 🤣
Old 18 Sep 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Frey Bentos pie and Crispy Pancakes were my DH staple dinner when I first met him in 1980. Was all his mum could be bothered to cook. But as he was the 8th of 9 kids I think she’d got really fed up of cooking by then.

Having a mum that made everything from scratch I was amazed a pie came from a tin. Not much of a cook myself when we first got married but I drew the line at Frey Bentos pies, we did have a few crispy pancakes in the first few years though 😳
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Frey Bentos pie and Crispy Pancakes were my DH staple dinner when I first met him in 1980. Was all his mum could be bothered to cook. But as he was the 8th of 9 kids I think she’d got really fed up of cooking by then.

Having a mum that made everything from scratch I was amazed a pie came from a tin. Not much of a cook myself when we first got married but I drew the line at Frey Bentos pies, we did have a few crispy pancakes in the first few years though 😳
I’m assuming your Hubby is northern
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List