Old 21 Sep 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
According to the BBC

The vaccine saga goes on.

"It is unclear if the vaccinated travellers designation applies to just US approved vaccines... Leaving UK citizens who have had AZ in limbo along with under 18s who are only having one shot and therefore not fully vaccinated by US definition"

The article goes on to say these things will be ironed out soon but as yet millions of otherwise vaccinated people are still in limbo with no concrete answers
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Already been said AZ will be accepted.
I agree about under 18s though that needs to be more clear. My son is 12 in January and we aren’t sure if we will be able to go in April. We have DLP booked as back up.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Excited about Disney

And yet a Sky correspondent stated live yesterday that the AZ question had been asked and the vaccine, along with other European types would be accepted as they were WHO approved.
The media, IMO, are responsible for misleading and contradictory information and have been throughout the pandemic.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

Already put in another thread this morning -
CDC spokesperson confirm CDC already class WHO approved vaccines as fully vaccinated.

It's even on the CDC website saying they accept WHO approved.

See snippet of Reuters article where they have been quoted yesterday.

Scattle is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
And yet a Sky correspondent stated live yesterday that the AZ question had been asked and the vaccine, along with other European types would be accepted as they were WHO approved.
The media, IMO, are responsible for misleading and contradictory information and have been throughout the pandemic.
Media outlets are total scaremongers.

The BBC is an absolute joke, they have a clear agenda, and in my opinion are not fit for purpose whilst riding a massive tsunami of ‘free money’.

The licence fee should end NOW, we should be told the truth and this never ending tirade of opinion and speculation to fit a political ideology should stop.

Disney332
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Media outlets are total scaremongers.

The BBC is an absolute joke, they have a clear agenda, and in my opinion are not fit for purpose whilst riding a massive tsunami of ‘free money’.

The licence fee should end NOW, we should be told the truth and this never ending tirade of opinion and speculation to fit a political ideology should stop.

Disney332
Absolutely spot on
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Have they mentioned boosters at any point? I thought there was talk that US citizens would only be considered fully vaccinated once they had their boosters? Will that also effect things for travel?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
Yes - I keep seeing this ‘concern’ all over the media since yesterday, especially the BBC, and it seems odd. I thought that maybe it hasn’t yet been confirmed in writing that they’ll use the WHO list, but it appears that it has.

I can only think that they’re saying it to stir up confusion and worry 😔
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Have they mentioned boosters at any point? I thought there was talk that US citizens would only be considered fully vaccinated once they had their boosters? Will that also effect things for travel?
The last I read was this, there may be new updates but I think it is still at 65+ and vulnerable so not for everyone.

September 17, 2021 at 4:55 pm EDT

An influential Food and Drug Administration advisory panel voted Friday against approving vaccine booster shoots to most Americans but recommended administering them to people aged 65 or older, and those who are at high-risk of developing severe COVID-19.

An FDA advisory panel voted 16-2 on Friday against recommending booster vaccine doses for most Americans, expressing frustration that Pfizer had provided little data on the safety of extra doses.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

It will be accepted and I wish the media didn't "clickbait" with such scaremongering headlines.

The only thing I do think is that it will be all over 12s required to be vaccinated, but also that they may accept 1 dose for 12-18.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List