Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Sep 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Which way around?

I'm booked to visit WDW in December and have 3 resorts booked. I'm just not sure which way around to plan things.

First is 5 nights at SSR (DVC)
Second is 8 nights CCV (DVC - over Christmas Day)
Third is 7 nights CBR (over NYE)

I'm not sure about doing the DVC accommodation first and then for the last week moving to a moderate as I think the room will feel extra small at that point plus we'll have a car and parking will cost us $140 for the week. However, we plan to visit Epcot on NYE and figure the Skyliner will be handy to get back to the resort.

If we book the moderate first then we won't have to pay for parking but we won't be able to stay at CBR as it's not available, I would book POFQ instead.

I'm wondering if staying in a moderate first would make more sense as then that way the room won't feel small (we have 2 strollers to store too) plus if we move to DVC last then I can do laundry for free and not take a load of dirty washing home (we would stay at SSR last). I really would like to stay at CBR but I just don't know if doing the moderate last is the best idea & I'm not keen on wasting money on parking at the hotel

Any help would be appreciated, which way around would you do things and why?

I will also add that I'm loving having this problem now that the borders are opening up, I never thought this day would come!
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

TBH, I would look at the DVC availability to move your bookings before even worrying too much. I was checking it earlier for December and couldn't see anything. But assuming SSR has availability, I think swapping them makes sense for the reasons you mentioned.

Jealous of that CCV booking over Christmas btw
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I would do DVC last
But there is very little available!
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I also love that it is the details we are planning now rather than the huge question of will we ever be able to go back? I'm worrying over lots of little details today and I love it! Feels almost normal!
Re your itinerary - first of all fab that you got the DVC reservation over Christmas. I personally would end the holiday in a DVC resort if possible as it is wonderful to go home without any dirty washing We are doing that at Christmas.
I've heard great things about POFQ too and it's wonderful that it has opened again. Enjoy all the planning...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll try doing all the DVC at the end. I've already managed to get 2 nights so I need 5 more. Will book POFQ later today. Thanks for the help! 😊