Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I’ve always struggled with masks. Don’t get me wrong, when it was a legal requirement I wore one, but I haven’t even touched one now for 2 months post 19/07. I would really struggle to go back I think.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Slightly off topic but I can't seem to find a clear answer, is medical exemptions OK for both flights and USA airports? It seems to be the case for the flights themselves at least.
No medical exemptions I’m afraid
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
In both flights and the airport? BA/VA seem to suggest medical exemptions are fine, it's not very clear on the airport side.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
If not then that is utterly shocking
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
In both flights and the airport? BA/VA seem to suggest medical exemptions are fine, it's not very clear on the airport side.
The issues aren’t with the airline’s , its federal law that masks have to be worn on all flights to and from the USA with no exceptions for over 2’s.. I don’t think the airlines can overrule federal law.

Presumably airports here will recognise the sunflower lanyard , not so sure about the USA though.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fastpassfamily
Earning More Ears

Hi guys when we went to Florida in august our kids 6 and 4 were told they didn’t need masks on the way to Florida but needed them coming home from Florida. Don’t ask why as I don’t know. The air staff were however quite relaxed about the rules for both flights. Nothing to worry about
Fastpassfamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
The issues aren’t with the airline’s , its federal law that masks have to be worn on all flights to and from the USA with no exceptions for over 2’s.. I don’t think the airlines can overrule federal law.

Presumably airports here will recognise the sunflower lanyard , not so sure about the USA though.
From what I have read the law allows for some medical exceptions, it looks like MCO recognises the sunflower lanyard.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RichyC
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Fastpassfamily View Post
Hi guys when we went to Florida in august our kids 6 and 4 were told they didn’t need masks on the way to Florida but needed them coming home from Florida. Don’t ask why as I don’t know. The air staff were however quite relaxed about the rules for both flights. Nothing to worry about
Was that an internal flight & also who were you flying with?
RichyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Fastpassfamily
Earning More Ears

We were flying British to and from Miami. Planes were spotless very clean, service was great. The masks are an annoyance but one that won’t ruin your holiday
Fastpassfamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post

Sunflower lanyard is no longer recognised due to the jokers last year buying them on eBay to avoid wearing on aircraft. A signed doctors letter is now required for mask exemptions on board. (Masks are 'optional' in UK Airports though)

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List