Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Sep 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Sky13, we were hoping to come in April/May next year. Obviously we haven’t booked anything yet, but is there still an isolation required on entry? Is there any chatter as to when it may be lifted? I’ve planned an alternative trip, but that depends on the USA opening, so at the mo will be at home for my special birthday! Thank you.
Our border controls are still really strict - for most countries (including the UK) you can't even enter Singapore as a tourist at the moment; and even if you can enter Singapore there is still a compulsory 14 day hotel quarantine on entry for most countries. Found these websites that have some info on travel to Singapore and quarantine: safetravel.ica.gov.sg/arriving/overview and gov.sg/article/updates-t...order-measures

Not quite sure when they will relax the border controls/quarantine requirements, they are very very slowly opening up (travel lanes with Germany and Brunei are planned) and things keep changing all the time. I'm guessing it will depend on how things progress over here as to cases/hospitalisations/etc now that most of the population is vaccinated...
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am really hoping to do this for 2023 and my 40th. Have been trying to work out if we would stay in the city or sentosa and also been considering then going to Thailand too. We’ve never done the Far East. Will have a 12 yr old too.
anna68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Our border controls are still really strict - for most countries (including the UK) you can't even enter Singapore as a tourist at the moment; and even if you can enter Singapore there is still a compulsory 14 day hotel quarantine on entry for most countries. Found these websites that have some info on travel to Singapore and quarantine: safetravel.ica.gov.sg/arriving/overview and gov.sg/article/updates-t...order-measures

Not quite sure when they will relax the border controls/quarantine requirements, they are very very slowly opening up (travel lanes with Germany and Brunei are planned) and things keep changing all the time. I'm guessing it will depend on how things progress over here as to cases/hospitalisations/etc now that most of the population is vaccinated...
Thank you. That’s really helpful.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Also booked for next year (end of May) and have everything crossed that it will go ahead. Universal looks fun and we will spend a bit of time there.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Sky13 any updates on restrictions being lifted? Thank you.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
I am really hoping to do this for 2023 and my 40th. Have been trying to work out if we would stay in the city or sentosa and also been considering then going to Thailand too. We’ve never done the Far East. Will have a 12 yr old too.
Singapore is really small, so the city itself (City Hall, Orchard, Marina Bay areas) isn't that far from Sentosa! That being said some of the hotels on Sentosa are a little bit further away from public transportation from what I recall - walkable but a decent walk - and will be a bit further from shopping areas in general.

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Sky13 any updates on restrictions being lifted? Thank you.
No idea to be honest!

Our case counts have gone a bit crazy over the last few days (exponential growth). Thank goodness most people are vaccinated, but it's still quite scary how quickly the case numbers have gone up, plus hospitals are under pressure, so it feels like they are pausing reopening a bit at the moment.

That being said, the vaccinated travel lanes with Germany and Brunei seem to be going ahead as planned, and the hope is that more places will get added to this!
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Following this thread with interest as we are hoping to visit soon. We were hoping for the first half of 2022, but realistically, it will probably be 2023.