Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Has anyone recently caught the train to Paris from DLP?

We are going next May, DIL wants to take grandaughter ( who will be 4) to see the Eiffel Tower. We won’t be going, I’d rather see the Tower of Terror!

Just wondered if anyone had done it recently, how easy was it, was it intimidating in terms of crowds?

TIA
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RiverandMummy View Post
I didn’t get it all the way to Paris but I did use the RER to go two stops!. Marne le Valle is the first/last stop so is quiet when you first get on, now doubt that it’d get busier of course but at least you get the pick of seats. But it was roomy - you walk on and there’s a few seats on that level but also seats down a level and up a level. Seemed quick efficient as well.
Xx
Thank you, good to know. I think you have to transfer to the metro at some point to take you to the vicinity of the Eiffel Tower. I’m hoping she changes her mind!
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I haven’t done it for a while but will be in October.
It’s only about half an hour and the trains are very frequent.
The station in Paris is busy but no worse than the underground and well signposted.
We just walked from the main station and it’s not far.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
The station in Paris is busy but no worse than the underground and well signposted.
I hate the underground! ( being from rural County Durham, I find it intimidating. However, NYC is my joint favourite place in the world, can’t figure it out!)
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, hope you have a great trip, will look forward to some tips when you get back!
Only been to DLP once before, 12 years ago.
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
I hate the underground! ( being from rural County Durham, I find it intimidating. However, NYC is my joint favourite place in the world, can’t figure it out!)
I’m a Londoner and I hate the underground too! 😂
In fact I am not a fan of any public transport really ..
I might do a mini trip report but either way I’ll let you know once I’m back the easiest way for them to do it.
We’re actually going into Paris to see the catacombs so I’m really looking forward to it ..in a morbid kind of way 😬
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I’m a Londoner and I hate the underground too! 😂
In fact I am not a fan of any public transport really ..
I might do a mini trip report but either way I’ll let you know once I’m back the easiest way for them to do it.
We’re actually going into Paris to see the catacombs so I’m really looking forward to it ..in a morbid kind of way 😬
Thank you so much!
I have used the underground before when in London it just seems so complicated! It’s funny the crowds in theme parks don’t bother me as much!

Saying that, we do tend to do the parks at opening for just a few hours so manage to avoid bigger crowds. Do you have children? Don’t know how practical it will be to take a four year old on the Paris metro. Thanks again.
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Thank you so much!
I have used the underground before when in London it just seems so complicated! It’s funny the crowds in theme parks don’t bother me as much!

Saying that, we do tend to do the parks at opening for just a few hours so manage to avoid bigger crowds. Do you have children? Don’t know how practical it will be to take a four year old on the Paris metro. Thanks again.
My pleasure!
It’s quite easy really when you get the hang of it but I always feel so claustrophobic on the tube and in summer it’s hell. I was terrified on the NY subway as both journeys we had bonafide weirdos on board 😅
Live in Hertfordshire now and I miss the ease of the tube but I can still get into town in 25 mins on overground so not too bad (but much more expensive!)
Yes I have two but ds is much older so not coming with us but dd is 10 and have taken her at least twice into Paris from Chessy from about 3 so it’s definitely easy to do 👍🏻
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Yes, we did it. It wasn’t hard and we had a great day.
I did a trip report

bevs97.wordpress/2016/08...disney-dreams/

I don’t know if I would have bothered with a 4 year old. Not because the journey was hard. I just don’t think they’d be that interested.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you. I agree, don’t think a four year old will be interested. But mummy thinks she should have some culture in amongst the glitter!