Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Hotels for Universal LA

I'm having a dilemma on whether to stay at either the Hilton or Sheraton at Universal or to stay at a hotel in Burbank.

We want to spend a day at Universal, a day to do the main sights of LA and the Warner Bros tour.

Any hotel recommendations? We are a party of 4 (2 teens) and travelling in July.

Thanks
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

I have just booked three nights at The Tangerine as it has always been given decent reviews on here. Still though £200 a night for a 3 star motel is ridiculous.

Sounds like we have the exact plans as yourself in regards to activities.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have booked the Lowes Hollywood, it’s only 4 mins on the metro (next stop) to Universal and then on our none Universal days we are near the tour buses for sightseeing tours.
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Not that Ive been but I love the look of The Garland- I believe not far from Warner Brothers Studios and they offer a shuttle to Universal which is about mile away
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

We have stayed at the Hilton Universal and it was nice with great Veiws .
But our fav is to stay at Magic Castle Hotel - It will get you access to the Magic Castle club - Free Drinks /Snack /ice lollys/icecream ,Breakfast - pretty basic rooms but the suites are massive for a family.
They will do your washing for you (send it away to be cleaned ect ) for free to .
Nothing was too much , Just behind the Hall of frame Hollywood- so easy to get about from and so much to see. Really cant recomend it enough!
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Magic Castle is a great location but you can't go wrong with any of the recommendations here. Loews is very close to Magic Castle too. I suppose the difference between those and Burbank/Studi City is that they are a short walk to Hollywood while the Burbank/Studio City hotels are in more of a residential area. Take a look at google streetview to get a feel and see which appeals. If you do go for Magic Castle/Loews you'll be a short walk from the Hollywood Bowl, have a look to see if there are any shows on while you're there that appeal. There's something on every night in summer as far as I know. Highly recommend the venue.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

I will have a look at all the recommendations. Thank you.. it is so hard to choose and it doesn’t help that I’m Mrs Indecisive
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have just booked the Hilton universal. Hotels.com are doing 20% cash back via Quidco for USA bookings at the moment - ends tonight so might be worth a look!
Old 24 Sep 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve stayed in the Tangerine, Burbank! A short drive from universal, Warner bros, and Hollywood (we parked in the shopping center car park (I forget the name) near Mann’s Chinese theater. It wasn’t that expensive. Metro is also close to Burbank, but we didn’t use it. Six flags less than 30 mins drive.
Burbank is pretty quiet considering how close to all those places it is. Lots of fab restaurants. We loved the fact we mingled with screenwriters etc when we ate dinner!
The tangerine is essentially an updated 50s motel. But it’s really cute, clean, safe, and has a lovely little pool. It is expensive for what it is, but at the same time everywhere nice is expensive it seems. We’re hoping to stay there again next year.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List