Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
I made some ADRs today too! Trying to get back into the planning thing. Fingers crossed we find out the opening date soon and we make it!
I’m full on in planning mode. Finally sorted insurance, rebooked accommodation (managed to cancel and rebook at cheaper price), looked at hotels for night before @ Heathrow, started shopping list and checked car hire is still ok as we booked it back in feb at a decent price. Shattered now 😂
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
I’m full on in planning mode. Finally sorted insurance, rebooked accommodation (managed to cancel and rebook at cheaper price), looked at hotels for night before @ Heathrow, started shopping list and checked car hire is still ok as we booked it back in feb at a decent price. Shattered now 😂
Hiya Linds hin, won't finalise owt without a definitive date. Currently due to fly the 1st Nov, seems that'll be off as VS, apparently, cancelled Man to Atl flights until 30th Dec, then I read they reinstated December, I'm not surprised there's confusion after the last 18 months.

Once the US date is public I'll firm up our UC reward flights, arrange travel insurance, book airport hotel and the train. I'm sure we'll hear soon enough
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Hope its fairly nice weather late November. I know they get cold fronts but I am hoping for 20 plus ! Fingers crossed.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdreamedit
Earning My Ears

Won’t start planning until I know the requirements for us to be allowed in. It’s absolutely crackers that November 1st is now (just) less than 5 weeks away and millions of people don’t know when they’re allowed back.
Waltdreamedit is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Every day that passes just feels like another day further back into November, so today would have been the 1st now tomorrow would be the 2nd and so on.

Going on the 4th need to pay for park tickets and hotel soon which I would rather know now than having to wait and try and get money back
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdreamedit
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Every day that passes just feels like another day further back into November, so today would have been the 1st now tomorrow would be the 2nd and so on.

Going on the 4th need to pay for park tickets and hotel soon which I would rather know now than having to wait and try and get money back
It’s horrible isn’t it? Even if they announced it was the 1st I wouldn’t be convinced my airline would still fly my flight, never mind my family if 4 (2 in school) all testing negative just before.
Waltdreamedit is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I think they'll announce the details in the next week or so.

It really wouldn't be a good look to confirm USA are opening early November and then have to back track on that.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdreamedit
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I think they'll announce the details in the next week or so.

It really wouldn't be a good look to confirm USA are opening early November and then have to back track on that.
Unless they do open in early November but give the airlines such little official notice that they can’t get going until mid to late December, that covers both boxes
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Waltdreamedit View Post
Unless they do open in early November but give the airlines such little official notice that they can’t get going until mid to late December, that covers both boxes
The airlines already know November the USA is opening so I can't see them cancelling 3-4 weeks out like they have been, even if an official 'date' isn't forthcoming just yet.
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
The airlines already know November the USA is opening so I can't see them cancelling 3-4 weeks out like they have been, even if an official 'date' isn't forthcoming just yet.
Yep - it's not like they are expecting the pilots to just rock up and jump in the cockpit - they'll be bringing back people for skills refreshes and getting things ready to go.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List