Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nape dog
Proud to wear my Ears

I moved my October booking to august next year over the online chat. Took a while, but the person was really helpful and patient.

Edited at 02:37 PM.
nape dog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I haven’t done it but I have seen it mentioned on flyer talk a few times. They suggest using Twitter to get that done.
Do you know how they are saying to ask on twitter? this would be my ideal scenario. twitter is slow for replies just now, but thats ok for me at the min.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by timnlaura View Post
Do you know how they are saying to ask on twitter? this would be my ideal scenario. twitter is slow for replies just now, but thats ok for me at the min.
I can’t remember the exact term but it’s essentially asking them to put the booking on hold so that it doesn’t disappear on their system.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Just wanted to share my experience as have really appreciated the advice on here... I tried calling at 8am on the dot and unfortunately was cut off. However, I then tried Chat immediately and was placed 30 in the queue. After an hour in the queue a lovely lady spent an hour or so helping me move my flights to next August. I did ask if I could move to October but she said the latest I could move to was September 12th (355 days away). I also asked re changing airports but not allowed either as there was availability from the airport I had booked. Car hire increase was huge but I will keep an eye and contact BA if prices go down...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I can’t remember the exact term but it’s essentially asking them to put the booking on hold so that it doesn’t disappear on their system.
Thank you! i have given it a go and messaged them.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

After getting nowhere with online chat, my phone call was answered! Got the right person/department and all of my bookings and queries all dealt with in one go. The lady I spoke to was lovely, so helpful and was apologising profusely for the current situation. She said they feel awful when someone gets through to them who has queued for hours, but have called (or put through) the wrong person/department. They are taking on a lot more staff but it’s taking time to train them etc.

In reality, had I only called this morning and not kept redialling all day yesterday it would have taken me 2 attempts and it’s all sorted. I had to speak to Flight only Avios/Exec club dept and not many people that can deal with those queries so maybe I was lucky.

I hope those that are still waiting have more luck today. This is the first time out of dozens of times that I have had a problem getting through. I even got through to them at the height of ‘working from home’ and they’ve always been great.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bigsis3
Excited about Disney

Cancelled Edinburgh flight

Had an email last week to say my flight from Heathrow to Newark had been cancelled. Spent ages trying to get through on the phone to re-book but managed to speak to someone on Weds and got booked to JFK. Now it seems my flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow has been cancelled and the flight I have been re booked on only allows 45 mins transfer time at Heathrow which is nowhere near enough. I have checked BA website and the earlier flights EDI to LHR have all disappeared from the schedule . Can anyone shed any light on why and will I be allowed another booking change ?
Also don’t want to have to move to the later flight from LHR to JFK as I have an internal flight booked early evening to Orlando
bigsis3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bigsis3 View Post
Had an email last week to say my flight from Heathrow to Newark had been cancelled. Spent ages trying to get through on the phone to re-book but managed to speak to someone on Weds and got booked to JFK. Now it seems my flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow has been cancelled and the flight I have been re booked on only allows 45 mins transfer time at Heathrow which is nowhere near enough. I have checked BA website and the earlier flights EDI to LHR have all disappeared from the schedule . Can anyone shed any light on why and will I be allowed another booking change ?
Also don’t want to have to move to the later flight from LHR to JFK as I have an internal flight booked early evening to Orlando
I can’t answer why they’ve cancelled that flight but as they’ve cancelled one leg, you can change whatever you like for free.

Work out the flights you want to move to and then call them/live chat.

If the Orlando flight is on the booking you could ask for (and will get) a direct Heathrow to Orlando flight instead.
If it’s not then it’s always risky booking separate flights for the same day, as if you’re delayed at any point and miss that internal flight, the carrier doesn’t have to put you on another flight for free. If it was all on 1 ticket they would just put you on the next flight.

Edited at 08:51 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bigsis3
Excited about Disney

Thank you
bigsis3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Well all sorted now. It took a while fighting with the BA chat box and then the phone lines but after speaking by phone with the wonderful Lee we’ve now moved our flights and car hire to next summer. I knew that I’d finally made it into the sales team queue when the music/message on hold changed. There is no indication of how long the queue is but I got to a person in about 25 mins.
Lee confirmed that as our October flights were cancelled it’s classed as an “involuntary change” and so there is no fare increase. The car hire has been repriced, so for now I’ve dropped a category to one I’d be prepared to live with, and will keep an eye out in case car hire prices become more reasonable. Lee confirmed that if they do, I can reprice. Any amendments more than 3 weeks before departure are no amendment fee.
Once again in super trying circumstances and with a little perseverance, BA have been awesome. Let’s just hope that we can actually now travel at some point.
Thanks too to everyone on the thread and to Stanleycamel, good luck with any changes you need to make.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread