Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Sep 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by RiverandMummy View Post
Rosen inn pointe or Rosen plaza are both good.nothing fancy, but clean, comfortable, and close to things. I also stayed at double tree but that’s a bit too far down IMO.

We’re considering the same in early jan, we’ve got our big Disney holiday in May but I’m desperate to go now boarders are opening!

Hiya! our big holiday is also in may! but they're open we want to go to! the double tree looks lovely too! deffo been my number 1 for a while
milie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
Yep, another vote for the Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. 2 Queen Beds, good size bathroom, under counter sized fridge (they call it "mini"), coffee maker, kettle (on request) and a small table with two chairs. Perfect for a week. Near to lots of decent eateries and only a few $$ to Uber to Universal and SeaWorld. For the money, you can't beat it.
Universal is the park were planning on visiting most so this sounds perfect for us!
milie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by gh015c4116 View Post
Were doing a quick/cheap (2 weeks ) if it opens first week Nov as have Disney passes running out Nov 24th and have the 2 (adult) Big kids birthdays in between and god forbid we were not home then! and if possible i refuse to not get my last penny back from Disney- (they have had more than enough pennys out of me over the years -time to get something back.

We have chosen to stay at Universal Surf side (its under £70 a night) and we were suprised how much we enjoyed cabanna bay last time and The surf side one will make it easy for breakfast and dinner (love millers and olive garden and my fave cheesecake factory)
Disney prices are now beyond what im willing to pay (unless some DVC availabilty at Animal kingdom pops up, but even then it would be a split stay).
Would have gone to Cabanna bay again but actually think the location may work better for us at Surfside - walk to IHOP for breakfast or grab something from the canteen on site (which was much better and quicker at Cabbana bay than Disneys) jump an uber to any park that isnt universal, $10 or so Uber ride to Macys/Shopping ect suits me fine.(sorry us)

I do not blame you lol get all the money you can out of them! the prices are unbelievable at the moment. The surf side looks good but thought it might be out of our price range but for less than 70£ a night thats a bargain! where did you find that deal?

macs and shop I'm sold
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Me and my boys are at Rosen Pointe next Apr/May based on colleagues previous stays, Tripadvisor, and reviews here…Amazing deal with BA for 2 weeks, not hiring car and not doing Disney so location is paramount. Free transfers to Universal and lynx bus to Disney Springs, outlets etc, Millers and Dave and Busters on doorstep, Icon Park 15 minute walk. I’ve never been, so I am glad with the good comments here. Staying here means can probably also afford 1 night in RPR to get 2 days of express pass🤟

T
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Jenksy74 View Post
Me and my boys are at Rosen Pointe next Apr/May based on colleagues previous stays, Tripadvisor, and reviews here…Amazing deal with BA for 2 weeks, not hiring car and not doing Disney so location is paramount. Free transfers to Universal and lynx bus to Disney Springs, outlets etc, Millers and Dave and Busters on doorstep, Icon Park 15 minute walk. I’ve never been so glad with the good comments here. Staying here means can probably also afford 1 night in RPR to get 2 days of express pass🤟

T
Hiya that sounds amazing, the only thing annoying me about british airways right now is that I've searched fro roughly 3 days properly rather than just having a quick look and everyday its gone up! and by quiet bit its about £100 more now pp after 3days so yeah not too impressed but will deffo look into that hotel watching vlogs on youtube about it now lol
Old 24 Sep 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

our first trip was to rosen inn as it was the cheapest package deal :-) was great, location good, would go again. next time we might splurge onsite depending on deals as I dont want to drive.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by milie View Post
Hiya! that sounds amazing will deffo look into that one its been on our list but i wasn't sure, however after looking at these comments everyone seems to love it! Any name of the restaurant near by?
hows the breakfast too
There are lots of restaurants nearby that are great value. Have a look at
- Miller's Ale House
- Olive Garden
- Bahama Breeze
- Rodizio Grill Brazilian Steakhouse

For breakfast, there is a Denny's which isn't far - you cross the road and walk for 5-10 minutes. This is the menu

Rosen have a bar inside the hotel called the Zebra Bar. They used to do a 16" pizza and 20 wings deal for $25 with soda's, or pay $8 to add a pitcher of Budweiser every day except for Saturday. I don't know if they'll do that any more, but the it was fab. Pizza was fresh and very tasty.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by milie View Post
Hiya that sounds amazing, the only thing annoying me about british airways right now is that I've searched fro roughly 3 days properly rather than just having a quick look and everyday its gone up! and by quiet bit its about £100 more now pp after 3days so yeah not too impressed but will deffo look into that hotel watching vlogs on youtube about it now lol
That’s why I booked when they just came out…..got them cheaper than the travel agent, £2100 for the 3 of us for 2 weeks at RP flying from my nearest airport in Edinburgh via Heathrow…..I do have to give sportbilly from this thread a shout as he did find the holiday for me lol.

T
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
our first trip was to rosen inn as it was the cheapest package deal :-) was great, location good, would go again. next time we might splurge onsite depending on deals as I dont want to drive.
Hiya, i deffo feel like if you splurge its 100% worth it! should have a look at Cabana bay! maybe spend one night in the hotels that give you fast pass too!
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
There are lots of restaurants nearby that are great value. Have a look at
- Miller's Ale House
- Olive Garden
- Bahama Breeze
- Rodizio Grill Brazilian Steakhouse

For breakfast, there is a Denny's which isn't far - you cross the road and walk for 5-10 minutes. This is the menu

Rosen have a bar inside the hotel called the Zebra Bar. They used to do a 16" pizza and 20 wings deal for $25 with soda's, or pay $8 to add a pitcher of Budweiser every day except for Saturday. I don't know if they'll do that any more, but the it was fab. Pizza was fresh and very tasty.

Wow! that sounds amazing and so helpful thank you so much! 1