Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Day 1 is up!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Day 1 is up!
I'm gonna keep it for tomorrow as I'm on my phone and I can never rememeber all I want to say so I need to do it on the laptop haha xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm gonna keep it for tomorrow as I'm on my phone and I can never rememeber all I want to say so I need to do it on the laptop haha xx
Good idea. I know exactly what you mean xx

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Looking forward to reading along. We are looking at this time of year in a couple of years time. We are used to May so very interested to read your report
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Looking forward to reading along. We are looking at this time of year in a couple of years time. We are used to May so very interested to read your report
We've only ever been to Orlando at this time of year so can't really compare. This year was a bit wetter than I remember other years, but I love it in summer. I don't really know if it's more crowded than May but again it doesn't really bother us we're happy to get up and out early then have pool time in the afternoon and head back into the parks in the evening.

I hope you enjoy reading it all.

Old 12 Sep 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Travel day all sounds pretty plain sailing once all the troops were ready. I’m not sure your dad has been paying enough attention during training buying 3 bottles of booze but perhaps he was listening to the amount of alcohol that may be consumed not the part that it’s supposed to be ‘free’ with his meal. How sweet he shared his bottle of Prosecco with your mam, I think I would have inhaled it myself!
I like all your photos of the coast from the plane, I don’t think we’ve ever really had the chance to spot anything from the plane usually because we are in the middle seats or are flying in the dark! Not that I would want to experience your tower of terrror style landing
I do love French Quarter, I could just eat shrimp and grits with some beignets, roll on next summer!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Travel day all sounds pretty plain sailing once all the troops were ready. I’m not sure your dad has been paying enough attention during training buying 3 bottles of booze but perhaps he was listening to the amount of alcohol that may be consumed not the part that it’s supposed to be ‘free’ with his meal. How sweet he shared his bottle of Prosecco with your mam, I think I would have inhaled it myself!
I like all your photos of the coast from the plane, I don’t think we’ve ever really had the chance to spot anything from the plane usually because we are in the middle seats or are flying in the dark! Not that I would want to experience your tower of terrror style landing
I do love French Quarter, I could just eat shrimp and grits with some beignets, roll on next summer!
I know right? Dad was crazy getting the three bottles, he had to get one of our boarding cards to buy it, which was fine as we weren't fussed about buying any. I thought they would be prepared for all the food as they've done cruises and from what they say there is a lot of food on the cruise ships, but I think they underestimated it all.

We always seem to be on the left of the plane though and I'm never in the right place to spot KSC and given that we've never been I'd love to see it from the plane to at least say that I've seen it!

Coming up on 10 months to go for next summer (ok I'm rounding down!). It'll be here before you know it, well, not before you've got your flights sorted, but soon enough.

Old 14 Sep 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah , bit of a faff there with the case weights. Tsk tsk and tuts a plenty.
I’m still pondering on how your mum went from needing headphones to buying stick on nails , lol. That’s the sort of random shopping I like😂
Glad the flight went ok and your Dad does appear to be a top travel companion
Nightmare about the wait to land though.. did it make you feel queasy? And then the wait for immigration and ME. Ugh, when you just want to GET THERE ( shouty head thoughts)

But hurrah resort looks fab and straight in on pool and food time. In for the win I say.

I’m exhausted just reading. You all did amazingly well !
Lie in tomorrow then 🤔😂
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah , bit of a faff there with the case weights. Tsk tsk and tuts a plenty.
I’m still pondering on how your mum went from needing headphones to buying stick on nails , lol. That’s the sort of random shopping I like😂
Glad the flight went ok and your Dad does appear to be a top travel companion
Nightmare about the wait to land though.. did it make you feel queasy? And then the wait for immigration and ME. Ugh, when you just want to GET THERE ( shouty head thoughts)

But hurrah resort looks fab and straight in on pool and food time. In for the win I say.

I’m exhausted just reading. You all did amazingly well !
Lie in tomorrow then 🤔😂
It was a pain getting the one check in person who didn't know how to use the computer system still we weren't in a hurry as we got the airport about 3 and half hours before the flight. Dad couldn't believe we were going so early I reckon he'd have turned about an hour before if he could have. But to be fair he didn't moan or try and talk me out of leaving so early.

I think mum just decided to go with the freebie airline earphones in the end. The nails lasted pretty well, plus she had spares for when they fell off towards the end of the holiday.

I was alright on the plane, in spite of the not sleeping and seeming like a very nervous traveler I'm actually alright on planes. It's the getting there that makes me stressy. Once on board even with all that turbulence at the end I'm actually fine.

We had a lovely relaxed evening at the resort, when we finally got there!

Old 21 Sep 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great travel day you soon got settled in swimming and eating

Joan