Notices

View Poll Results: Cheesy marmite hot cross buns ?
Yes - love the idea of this 28 29.79%
No- sounds revolting! 52 55.32%
Not sure on this one. 14 14.89%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Jan 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Went and did our shop at sainsburys earlier this morning and went to M&s after yay! Bought 2 packs of fruit ones, a choc pack (purely for research purposes lol) and some cheese ones... Hot footed it back home and toasted a couple.. Smell yummy and very tasty! I found the marmite quite strong. Only criticism is they were quite stodgy but they did taste good 👍 😋

Also got some percies!
Hot Cross Buns are stodgy though - that's part of the appeal for me.

We got the bramley apple ones too - my son had one of those and it seemed to be well received. I noticed they also had blueberry ones.

We've had Tesco chocolate ones before - they can get a bit messy when you toast them due to chocolate's propensity to melt!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Suddenly thought, a scoop of ice cream would be amazing on a hot choc one!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I loved the chilli and cheese hot cross buns that M&S released last Easter, have they been replaced by these ones?
No, they still had the chilli and cheese ones, but I wasn't brave enough to try them!

So after eating our first pack of Cheese & Marmite buns just lightly buttered, (believe you me, it would have been a lot more butter if I didn't have flipping gallstones!), yesterday I toasted the other packet of buns to see which we preferred.

They were incredible! (Although I do prefer my hot cross buns toasted anyway). DH said he loved them either way, but I think toasted had the edge for me.

The only downside is that we don't have any left now, and DH isn't due to go to the Warfarin clinic for another 2 weeks …..
Old 1 Feb 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
No, they still had the chilli and cheese ones, but I wasn't brave enough to try them!

So after eating our first pack of Cheese & Marmite buns just lightly buttered, (believe you me, it would have been a lot more butter if I didn't have flipping gallstones!), yesterday I toasted the other packet of buns to see which we preferred.

They were incredible! (Although I do prefer my hot cross buns toasted anyway). DH said he loved them either way, but I think toasted had the edge for me.

The only downside is that we don't have any left now, and DH isn't due to go to the Warfarin clinic for another 2 weeks …..
Cheese and chilli? You're joking me!

I didn't notice those in my M&S, but it's quite a small one in a BP garage. I *think* the cheese and marmite were the only savoury ones - they had regular ones, chocolate, bramley apple and, I think blueberry.

I'll check out what they have next time I'm passing, but all this talk of cheese and chilli means I may have to request Mrs B makes her version of the WDW jalapeño and cream cheese pretzels!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Suddenly thought, a scoop of ice cream would be amazing on a hot choc one!
Funny you should say that - I bought some cherry scones yesterday and I thought they'd make a great dessert warmed through and served with ice cream!

Part One
Part Two
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ccjames
Chilling at Carribean Beach

M & S cheese & marmite crumpets

I love cheese and marmite panini’s from Starbucks so had to try the M&S Hot Cross Buns. I was so disappointed I hated them. I think it was the texture I didn’t like even though I toasted it.

In a way I’m glad I didn’t like them because I shop in M&S twice a week and with my lack of will power the potential for piling on the pounds was too great 😻

Bought two packs of the heart shaped cheese & marmite Valentines crumpets. They were absolutely fantastic. I really hope M&S bring these back year round.

Edited at 07:44 AM. Reason: Update
ccjames is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
By complete chance I've just bumped into our daughter after I'd done a bit of essential shopping. She'd been to M&S and bought me a little surprise.

Lunch is organised so maybe a little supper?

Mick
Old 2 Feb 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
By complete chance I've just bumped into our daughter after I'd done a bit of essential shopping. She'd been to M&S and bought me a little surprise.

Lunch is organised so maybe a little supper?

Mick
I didn't feel peckish enough to try one for supper but I did have one for breakfast.

I really enjoyed it and I'd say, on balance, the Marmite flavour slightly prevailed over cheese. Wasn't over strong though. If you like Marmite then you should like these.

Mick

Edited at 08:24 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I love marmite, cheese and hot cross buns. Together? No, definitely not.
Old 2 Feb 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

Ordered them from Ocado at the weekend. They are delicious 😋

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List