Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
The government state the following;

"the recommendation for people to not travel to amber countries will also be removed from 19 July – people should continue to check FCDO travel advice before booking travel"

I found that at

gov.uk/government/news/q...list-countries

Whilst the FCDO advice for some amber countries has been changed recently, the US hasn't changed, in that they advise against all non essential travel.

Reading the government website above, I'm just lost as to what it means... does it mean that for twice jabbed folks, the government now says it's fine with regards to covid considerations, but will the FCDO still go against this with some amber countries.

What's your take on this?

This is critical to finding reasonably priced travel insurance... just wish I had a crystal ball.

Thanks in advance.

If you bank with Barclays they have been rated the best travel covid insurance annual trip at 12.50 a mth...also includes worlwide and cover your car for the year also...
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

🤣 Hello Mick, thanks for the reply.

I'm just baffled... but like the Wife tells me, that doesn't take much.

The Wife wants us to pay the £1550 insurance, and just go... but it's just too much for me.

I'll keep checking the US & Mexico.

I've read about a chap called Jonathan who's currently in Barbados I believe, and will be transiting to the US after his 14 days relaxation is over... I wonder what he's doing for insurance 🙂

All good fun.
If you bank with barclays check there travel pack at 12.50 a mth...no brainer with full covid cover
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
Mick, my mums insurance thru nationwide confirmed she had medical cover to go via Mexico to denver to visit my brother. She's been out of the uk around five weeks now, and is outside of battleface age range with medical conditions covered, although not post cancer. It was an annual policy.
I hope she’s rang up and paid for the extended cover. The standard only covers 30 days and then you need to pay extra.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Yes, and has extended again as staying longer than originally planned.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

I'm sorted! Someone on Twitter found a tweet of mine, and they suggested imglobal.com

IMG, they get great reviews on TrustPilot, and just over £330 for 37 days.

US company, so FCDO advice is a total irrelevance. International cover, so will include Mexico too.

Sure it's only medical cover, but that's all we need.

If we lose our crappy cases, full of Primark clothes, so be it 😅

Not paying £1550 for Battleface cover!

This might help out others too 😅👍

Edited at 08:21 PM.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Surely they won’t change the travel advice on the websites for amber countries until it comes into effect, so 19th July?

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
Surely they won’t change the travel advice on the websites for amber countries until it comes into effect, so 19th July?
Many are changing already. The 19th July is the date for returning, so you could go to an Amber country tomorrow if you wanted to. As long as you re-enter the UK on 19th July onwards.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlj
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking?
Rowlj is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rowlj View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking?
No they're already changing them this evening. Spain, Greece, France to name a few.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm sorted! Someone on Twitter found a tweet of mine, and they suggested imglobal.com

IMG, they get great reviews on TrustPilot, and just over £330 for 37 days.

US company, so FCDO advice is a total irrelevance. International cover, so will include Mexico too.

Sure it's only medical cover, but that's all we need.

If we lose our crappy cases, full of Primark clothes, so be it 😅

Not paying £1550 for Battleface cover!

This might help out others too 😅👍
Thanks for that tip, will have a look. Although would worry about theft, loss of baggage etc. We all have a lot of devices between us!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List