General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 13 Jul 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Will we get there? Mallorca July 2021. Day 7. Home time.

Wake up was only at 7 local time but it felt brutal. I had to wake both girls which is typical, normally they're awake at the crack of dawn.. We packed up the last few bits and grabbed breakfast at 8. Our transfer pick up was anytime between 8.30 and 9 so we rushed a bit and of course, the bus showed at the last minute.

We made one more pick up and then head to the airport. It took about 1hr 15. This is when everything g got a bit stressful, I don't think I took one photo on the way home so I'll just do a quick summary...

Queue in very busy Jet2 line, carousel had broken down and this took 50 minutes.

Race to security and get through OK, thankful for the dedicated family like as checking Martha's milks takes a lifetime.

Rush through to get some water and sweets for the plane.

Jet2 change boarding gate so we rush to the new one.

Aaron goes off to get some sandwiches. Of course boarding starts. I wait and its starting to be the last few stragglers. Call Aaron and he has to ditch the sandwiches and run back. Just make the last bus to the plane. On checking time I realise I left my Fitbit in a security tray.

Flight home was quick, 2hr 10. We shared some Haribo and chocolate fingers. Yummy.

Security at BHX wasn't too bad, 15 minutes maybe. Bags waiting when we got to them. Valley parking called and car sorted. Phew, what a rush.

As it was still lunchtime we decided to get food on our way home. We popped to Resorts World and Las Iguanas seated us straight away. Our meal was delicious. BOGOF on cocktails so I had virgin coladas. Then we shared buttermilk chicken and Brazilian cheese to start, then a burrito and a chicken curry. All delicious. Edith had mac and cheese but didn't eat much. We finished storing with banana sticky toffee pudding. Absolutely heavenly.

After that, we tried to look in the Vans outlet but Edith had the biggest tantrum we have ever known, so we head back to the car. She was asleep withing 30 seconds bless her. We drove home and unpacked leaving both girls to sleep most of the afternoon. They were shattered.

And that was that, an absolutely fabulous holiday that I am so glad we booked and managed to enjoy without any Covid issues. Thanks everyone for reading along. Fingers crossed for everyone that more trip become reality, especially the Disney ones!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for sharing your trip. It was good to see a normal holiday!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Thank you for posting your trip report, it’s been so lovely reading along. Glad you had a wonderful time being away together!
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Thank you for writing this report I have really enjoyed reading it
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing. A lovely holiday and I enjoyed reading along
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for sharing... loved reading you family report x
Old 16 Jul 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Lovely report, glad you all had a great holiday. Nice to read and see some normality
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. I loved reading it so much.
Great end to your holiday, that food looks lovely xx
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Really enjoyed reading along - glad you all had a lovely holiday
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This has been a great read
Can’t believe you popped into Resorts World before heading home
Thanks for posting 👍🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List