Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Aug 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Ah Claudette, you clearly don't know what DIBBers are like. Oh course some people will have bought tickets whilst we're still not even able to get into the country. DIBBers are eternal optimists.

In fairness to them, they bought the tickets from AT who provide a COVID refund policy so there's no real risk to them.
My mistake. I didn’t know the tickets could be got from third parties, I don’t think Disney themselves would refunds so I wouldn’t risk that.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
My mistake. I didn’t know the tickets could be got from third parties, I don’t think Disney themselves would refunds so I wouldn’t risk that.
I risked it - don’t know what Disney will say yet but the loss won’t be then end of the world for us and I would have been super upset if we could have travelled and couldn’t get tickets….
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
I risked it - don’t know what Disney will say yet but the loss won’t be then end of the world for us and I would have been super upset if we could have travelled and couldn’t get tickets….
we risked it too…should be there week. Disney ticket line said it would be refunded/put as a credit on our account, but they needed to transfer us to the ticketing refund team. After 1.5 hours on hold, DH gave up…

So not sorted yet, but Im feeling pretty hopeful.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Me neither. And, as you say, there's no real need to risk it either.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
If you watch some of the vlogs, the first night was sold out but all of a sudden they where selling tickets in the park on the day. Where did they get the extra availability from ?
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad32
Trainee Dibber

Thank you all for your replies having talked it over with the family we've decided to wait & see if we get to florida & hopefully as it's mid November we're wanting to go to the party there will be tickets available on the night x
eeyoremad32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Just to make anyone aware who is thinking of buying them through a 3rd part

This was on another thread and has affected a few of us:
I just wanted to provide an update on this in case it affects anyone. We have tickets for Disney with AT but our flight has been cancelled so effectively the holiday has too. We’re managing to get refunds easily enough from everyone but I contacted AT today and they have said they’re accepting cancellations under Covid cover until the 6th September and will wait until the next government update on travel before extending that. She expects that will be extended however if by some miracle the borders open but we choose not to go their normal terms apply. I didn’t realise that means an 80% refund and 20% voucher which is not as bad as I thought.
Anyone, might help anyone in the same situation.

I responded in the other thread below:
I was just about to post similar however they told me the 3rd September! We bought Boo Bash and nowhere did it state that this was only covered up until a certain date. When she then proceeded to tell me "If your flight has only just been cancelled, it could be reinstated again close to the day" I nearly blew my top! I told her thank you for her help but I'd be taking it higher up than her because it is not advertised anywhere or in the T&C's that this is only up until a certain date. It is not clear at all in the T&'C's and I have screenshot this and attached it to my email. As far as I am aware that is false advertising.

Had this been made explicitly clear (which it should have been) I would not have booked them. ATD made it look like any disruption to your holiday due to COVID you would be able to get a full refund, but they seem to be backtracking on this now and claiming it is only up to a certain date! We booked with the confidence we would be safe and get a refund if we couldn't travel because of border closure. I'm not sure how they can get away with selling tickets that include COVID cover but then turn around and say oh no it's only up until the 3rd September
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post

I just wanted to provide an update on this in case it affects anyone. We have tickets for Disney with AT but our flight has been cancelled so effectively the holiday has too. We’re managing to get refunds easily enough from everyone but I contacted AT today and they have said they’re accepting cancellations under Covid cover until the 6th September and will wait until the next government update on travel before extending that. She expects that will be extended however if by some miracle the borders open but we choose not to go their normal terms apply. I didn’t realise that means an 80% refund and 20% voucher which is not as bad as I thought.

I was just about to post similar however they told me the 3rd September! We bought Boo Bash and nowhere did it state that this was only covered up until a certain date. When she then proceeded to tell me "If your flight has only just been cancelled, it could be reinstated again close to the day" I nearly blew my top! I told her thank you for her help but I'd be taking it higher up than her because it is not advertised anywhere or in the T&C's that this is only up until a certain date. It is not clear at all in the T&'C's and I have screenshot this and attached it to my email. As far as I am aware that is false advertising.

Had this been made explicitly clear (which it should have been) I would not have booked them. ATD made it look like any disruption to your holiday due to COVID you would be able to get a full refund, but they seem to be backtracking on this now and claiming it is only up to a certain date! We booked with the confidence we would be safe and get a refund if we couldn't travel because of border closure. I'm not sure how they can get away with selling tickets that include COVID cover but then turn around and say oh no it's only up until the 3rd September
I honestly have no opinion on Attraction Tickets either way, but they have indicated that it will be continuously reviewed in line with government updates. This seems reasonable to me and I would fully expect that in due course that they will start refunding later dates as travel continues to be impossible. If travel is possible and somebody chooses not to go, then that scenario was never covered in the first place.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post

Their free COVID cancellation cover states that they will cover you only if the park(s) are closed due to COVID, the US border is closed for the duration of your holiday dates, and/or the FCO advises against travel due to COVID.

So, as per this bit:
"She expects that will be extended however if by some miracle the borders open but we choose not to go their normal terms apply".

What they are saying is that, if the US border opens after 3rd Sept, then you won't be covered under the free COVID cover. But this is as expected under their Ts&Cs. That actually applies whatever the date (I'm not sure what 3rd Sept has got to do with anything?). If the USA suddenly opens their border tomorrow, then the free COVID cover wouldn't apply after tomorrow.

If the US borders remain closed after 3rd Sept (and that seems likely, as the person at AT says) then you would be covered under the free COVID cover. Which is what AT say.

The free COVID cover doesn't run out from 3rd Sept. All they are saying is that if the borders open, then the free COVID cover doesn't apply.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

ATD - we've got two refunds in with them. 7th and 9th September 2021.

I will be furious if they stiff us on this 'COVID Guarantee'.

Stinks of sharp practice. One thing is for sure - we won't EVER use them again. They failed quite a few people on the Magic cruises and now this.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List