Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Aug 21, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I thibk the dining plan will come back all the restaurants in Disney springs won’t survive otherwise as it gets people in - no dining plan and more people eat offsite in better value restaurants
Old 27 Aug 21, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Slinky Dog View Post
If it’s going to return for 2023 I think we will know by April 2022.

We’re wanting to return in 2023 and the Dining Plan is something I’m hoping for, but will also depend on what other offers are on as well because at the moment there really aren’t any perks or incentives to make me stay onsite.

If nothing changes it’ll be Universal along with other stuff Orlando has to offer, and maybe a few Disney park days.
I agree. April is usually when they release offers and 2023 will hopefully be a more normal year…

That said, I’m expecting the credit offer again and not free dining. In which case, it will be off site for us.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The waltons View Post
I thibk the dining plan will come back all the restaurants in Disney springs won’t survive otherwise as it gets people in - no dining plan and more people eat offsite in better value restaurants
Disney Springs hasn't been struggling for business with no dining plan. Especially on weekends when it's popular with the locals who wouldn't be on the plan regardless.

Yes there are cheaper restaurants off site. But by that logic, no restaurant priced higher than McDonalds would survive. People are prepared to pay more for a different experience than the mostly chain restaurants (Millers, IHOP, etc) they can get in any decently sized town across the country.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
I know there is always a market for more expensive restaurants and I would certainly visit homecoming again and several others , however I do think the dining plan is the bread and butter of some of the establishments
Old 28 Aug 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Matt Mathers
Proud to wear my Ears

If it comes back I don’t see it being free anymore, just a qsdp/ddp at a reduced cost add on for UK/EU (subsidised to a similar amount the current dining credit is).
Matt Mathers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Matt Mathers View Post
If it comes back I don’t see it being free anymore, just a qsdp/ddp at a reduced cost add on for UK/EU (subsidised to a similar amount the current dining credit is).
I agree. Can't see free plan available again..
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossi76
Chilling at Carribean Beach

The only thing that’s stopping ddp returning is due too staffing issues. Disney have just a big intake of American students who are doing on the job training, but how many foreign students use to work for Disney that are unable to atm?

Ddp is a good source of revenue for Disney, it also keeps you in the bubble so you are spending all of your money in Disney and not else where. If you are stopping on-site but go elsewhere for dining and realise how much money you can save chances are when you visit again it will be offsite so lost of revenue. Disney after all is a company which needs to make a profit and has gotten greedy. So ddp will be back but will there be free ddp for Uk/EU only time will tell.
Rossi76 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Originally Posted by Matt Mathers View Post
This was my thinking also - but seeing the very very low crowd levels of the past few weeks it wouldn’t surprise me to see some kind of free dining return.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
This was my thinking also - but seeing the very very low crowd levels of the past few weeks it wouldn’t surprise me to see some kind of free dining return.
Crowd levels are always low this time of year because US schools are back. When the US finally lets international tourists in then they will be back to normal.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Crowd levels are always low this time of year because US schools are back. When the US finally lets international tourists in then they will be back to normal.
Also a LOT of domestic cancellations due to the Covid rates in Florida at the moment. Disney resort bookings are down a third from forecast (and that was without international guests) plus similar reported from other hotels in the area.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List