Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Sep 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

We ve done a West Coast road trip,a Canadian road trip, visited Hawaii, NYC, DC, Delaware, Maryland, but Florida drew us back over and over.

Too old now for road trips,but hoping for a couple more Florida trips!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Finally (OK it was only a week but I was very twitchy about fares rising after the November announcement) I’ve managed to rebook.
I had emailed American a couple of weeks ago about rebooking our September flights from London to travelling from Dublin (which I knew they could do but with them it has to be authorised by Customer Relations hence the email). I’d given up on a reply and rebooked for May from Londonand of course they then replied telling me to cancel the London flights and they’d send me the right voucher to be able to book from Dublin .
I’ve watched the flights like a hawk whilst waiting for the voucher .
We are now booked from Dublin to Dallas and then on the next day to Tucson in PE (husband wants to buy a Stetson in Dallas despite me assuring him Tucson is full of them !) and back from Atlanta in Business for the same cost (well £50 more including the Heathrow Dublin placement flight) as PE both ways from London.
My cousin lives 3 miles from Dublin airport so we have two nights in Dublin before flying out which will be lovely.
Just got to book the bits in between now Vegas, Grand Canyon etc but planning mode has now resumed.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I’m just starting to look at a Sedona national park trip and maybe heading up to the Grand Canyon after watching some YouTube videos of a guy driving through it
Sedona looks beautiful!

Edited at 08:54 AM.
aqualiv is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm gojng to New Orleans in December, flying out on Christmas Day and returning on an over-night flight on the 30th. I'm staying at the Omni Royal Hotel which is in the Jackson Square area of the French Quarter. On my list so far are:-
Steamboat Brunch Cruise on the Mississipi on Boxing Day.
The following are on my list, days TBA:-
Breskfast of beignets and coffee at the Cafe du Mond.
Hop on/hop off bus tour.
Walk around Jackson Square.
History and Haunts night time horse and carriage ride around the French Quarter.
Mardi Gras World Museum.
New Orleans City Park. Lots to do there.
Musical Legends Park.
Visit some hotels to see their Christmas decorations.
Eating, drinking and shopping!
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I’m just starting to look at a Sedona national park trip and maybe heading up to the Grand Canyon after waiting some YouTube videos of a guy driving through it
Sedona looks beautiful!
Sedona is gorgeous especially at sunrise and sunset and so peaceful if you book the right place to stay. Drive up to Grand Canyon isn't too much of a stretch either.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Sedona is gorgeous especially at sunrise and sunset and so peaceful if you book the right place to stay. Drive up to Grand Canyon isn't too much of a stretch either.
Any recommendations appreciated
Don’t know this area at all
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleMiss36
Excited about Disney

Let the planning begin!

Just managed to book LHR-JFK returning MIA-LHR in August next year. 4 of us with Virgin through flying club.

Got the VA credit card a while back and have been saving points like mad so we had enough points for 3 of us then the 4th was a reward seat so it's only cost £877! (Compared to our last Orlando trip which cost £4k for 4 flights!) Even got extra legroom for 6'3" husband.

Feeling pretty pleased with myself right now.

Rough plan is 4 nights NYC, train to Washington DC for 3 nights, flight to Orlando pick up car for 2 nights then 7 nights gulf Coast before flight home from MIA.

Our kids will be 12 and 13 and it's a surprise to them. I can't wait! 315 sleeps.

87 - 89 - 93 - All @ Gateway Inn, Kirkman Rd. 97 - Holiday Inn Express, IDrive. 99 - Econolodge, Kissimmee. 00 - Quality Inn, IDrive. 01 - Villa, Windwood Cay. 07 - Villa, Indian point. 13 - Villa, Windsor Hills. 17 - Villa, Windsor Hills. 22 - NY/Washington DC/Sapphire falls. 23 - POFQ/Formosa Gdns/Marco Island. 24 - Dockside I&S
LittleMiss36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LittleMiss36 View Post
Let the planning begin!

Just managed to book LHR-JFK returning MIA-LHR in August next year. 4 of us with Virgin through flying club.

Got the VA credit card a while back and have been saving points like mad so we had enough points for 3 of us then the 4th was a reward seat so it's only cost £877! (Compared to our last Orlando trip which cost £4k for 4 flights!) Even got extra legroom for 6'3" husband.

Feeling pretty pleased with myself right now.

Rough plan is 4 nights NYC, train to Washington DC for 3 nights, flight to Orlando pick up car for 2 nights then 7 nights gulf Coast before flight home from MIA.

Our kids will be 12 and 13 and it's a surprise to them. I can't wait! 315 sleeps.
That looks an absolutely fabulous vacation.
Have a look at Caspersen Beach at Venice and Delnor Wiggins State park at Naples. Both are awesome.. and maybe Buffalo Tiger Airboats before you fly home!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleMiss36
Excited about Disney

All noted and written in my planning journal to research. Thank you!

87 - 89 - 93 - All @ Gateway Inn, Kirkman Rd. 97 - Holiday Inn Express, IDrive. 99 - Econolodge, Kissimmee. 00 - Quality Inn, IDrive. 01 - Villa, Windwood Cay. 07 - Villa, Indian point. 13 - Villa, Windsor Hills. 17 - Villa, Windsor Hills. 22 - NY/Washington DC/Sapphire falls. 23 - POFQ/Formosa Gdns/Marco Island. 24 - Dockside I&S
LittleMiss36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LittleMiss36 View Post
All noted and written in my planning journal to research. Thank you!
You will find images of Delnor Wiggins and Buffalo Tiger in my Boston trip report in my signature link. B Tiger is absolutely nothing like those Airboat rides around Orlando!

Caspersen is all about collecting fossilised sharks teeth in the sand.

Edited at 02:25 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List