Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Sep 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We did Alcudia in half term. Warm enough for swimming but the last few days the hotel was literally packing up. No sun beds on our final day and the reps flew home before we did. It did give a sad end to the holiday.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MsSparkles View Post
It's looking like our October Florida holiday isn't going to happen We still have to take our annual leave and so we are thinking of going to Majorca for up to 10 nights in mid October. As it's not the main tourist season, where would be the best resort to stay in?

We are 2 adults (husband and wife) in our late 30s. We're not into clubbing or noisy pubs but we also don't want a resort that's too quiet or where nothing is open. We will probably rent a car for at least a few days as we would like to explore the island a bit - this will be our first European package holiday, we usually do road trips in the US and so we're not used to staying in one place for too long!

I have been to Cala D'or years ago and liked it but I think it might be too quiet in October?

Palmanova has been suggested but I'm not sure? I've had a look on youtube and it looks a bit too touristy for us.

Any help/ideas will be much appreciated!
We went to protur callor millor which is a fantastic hotel on sea front with gorgeous roof top terrace rooms ( with hot tubs)

Check it out - great location and lovely staff .

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we went to palma October 1/2 term 2019

thought this was a better bet than a resort which might have mostly shutdown for the off season

weather on arrival was grim, but after that was in the low 20s most days , hot enough for the beach/pool area , as well as Palma we went to Soller on the train for the day

plenty to do in/around Palma if the weather isnt too great
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
we went to palma October 1/2 term 2019

thought this was a better bet than a resort which might have mostly shutdown for the off season

weather on arrival was grim, but after that was in the low 20s most days , hot enough for the beach/pool area , as well as Palma we went to Soller on the train for the day

plenty to do in/around Palma if the weather isnt too great
Thanks for this. I think we might risk it and stay in or near Palma. I keep looking at the Canaries but nothing really seems to appeal and it’s more expensive than Majorca - we want to save our pennies for our USA trips (when we’re allowed to go back)!

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Just something to consider but a lot of the resorts are closing early this year due to lack of visitors so you may find yourself with little open in mid-October. Our hotel (and others) in Menorca have already announced they plan to close end of September unfortunately.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Thanks for this. I think we might risk it and stay in or near Palma. I keep looking at the Canaries but nothing really seems to appeal and it’s more expensive than Majorca - we want to save our pennies for our USA trips (when we’re allowed to go back)!
its was really good we had considered going back this 1/2 term but trying portugal instead

as below actual resorts might be winding down but palma being a city is all open

another thing we did was hire bikes there is a safe cycle way running up the coast way past the airport which is flat so no real effort for none cyclists to get out & about
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Just something to consider but a lot of the resorts are closing early this year due to lack of visitors so you may find yourself with little open in mid-October. Our hotel (and others) in Menorca have already announced they plan to close end of September unfortunately.
oh no! I wonder if that will be an issue in Majorca as well then. What a shame

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

oh no! I wonder if that will be an issue in Majorca as well then. What a shame
Sorry, I didn't mean to put you off. Just to make sure you do your research and choose somewhere that will mostly be open. As above a city rather than a resort should be ok. Hope you get sorted xx
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to put you off. Just to make sure you do your research and choose somewhere that will mostly be open. As above a city rather than a resort should be ok. Hope you get sorted xx
Don't worry! I'd rather know these things before I click the book button!