Notices

Old 4 Sep 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Apprentice Imagineer

Where in UK do I need proof of vaccination?

I'm going to the theatre soon. Will I need proof of vaccination or is this just for venues with bigger crowds?

Edited at 03:47 PM.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

At our local theatre, Milton Keynes, you have to show either proof of vaccination (NHS covid pass) or proof of negative test if youíre over 18.

Milton Keynes Theatre is part of ATG and I think itís the same for all of their theatres so I guess it depends where you are going what the requirements are.

Iíve been to the theatre twice since the requirement came in and itís just a cursory glance at the pass your phone screen, they donít scan the pass in the NHS app or anything.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks. I don't have a smart phone. Can DH hold my pass on his phone as well as his own?
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Thanks. I don't have a smart phone. Can DH hold my pass on his phone as well as his own?
Yes. Do it on the laptop at home and email him a copy. Or just print it out.

My mum did one last week. It only lasted for 48 hours though.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you. I'll do that

ETA I've now done this via my tablet and pdf copy valid for 30 days.

Edited at 08:08 PM.
Old 4 Sep 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
slightly serious Dibber

We went to watch golf at Sunningdale early July, no proof of vaccination required. Going to Wentworth next week again for the golf but this time it's 'no proof...no admittance'. Fortunately picked it up early and requested NHS letters, took 5 days.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Full capacity gig in Cardiff last Wednesday - no covid pass required
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Went to the NEC (or whatever its called this week) recently - they required a vaccine pass or negative covid test.
Old 5 Sep 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
beanbunny
Apprentice Imagineer

Went to see the lion king yesterday. Needed proof of double vaccination or negative test for over 18s. They were checking on entry too. For my 17 year old, they asked her some questions checking that she felt well and that was enough.
Old 5 Sep 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
slightly serious Dibber

Dominion theatre for Prince of Egypt yesterday said they required vaccine pass or negative test but they didn't check. Curious to see how this plays out in reality later this month if the gov press ahead with their vaccine passport plan, I must admit I thought it was an empty threat at the time but we shall see...
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List