Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Sep 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Anthem Adventures - Day 5 Belfast

After an early start the previous day to watch the sail in to Liverpool, I had a later start this morning. The captain had informed us we would be docking at a commercial port and I wasn’t in a rush to get up, so had a chilled start to my day – I am on holiday after all!

Once I was up and dressed ready to start the day, I headed up to Windjammers in what had quickly become my morning routine and due to my later start, there was no queue and I was very quickly seated and enjoying my usual breakfast washed down with lots of the delicious orange juice!
Once I’d finished breakfast, I took a leisurely stroll over to the spa as I had my back & shoulder massage booked in this morning.
On the way I couldn’t resist sending a pic of this to my friend Rachel - she hates heights 😂

I was quickly seated and before long Kelly was heading over to take me through to the treatment room. We had a chat about the issue I had been having with my shoulder – it had been giving me some pain for a few weeks, and I was putting it down to bad posture at my desk at home, but I thought a massage may ease it. I settled down on the table and Kelly started the massage – it was not the most relaxing massage I’ve ever had as the pressure bordered on painful, but once she was finished it had made quite a difference to my shoulder, so I was really pleased I’d had it done – I also received a discount which I wasn’t expecting as I was a gold level member of the Crown & Anchor club, so that was a nice added bonus!

I headed over to the Solarium (adult area of the pool deck) and found a nice sun lounger and ordered my first cocktail of the day from a passing waiter. It was a little overcast today and the view of the commercial port not as picturesque as the Liverpool cityscape from yesterday, but was very pleasant nonetheless.

I was idly messing on my phone when I decided I would see what options there were back home for further massage treatments as my shoulder was feeling much better and I thought it may be worth booking in a few more sessions. Word of caution when googling such services – pick your search words carefully! There are indeed legitimate beauty salons offering the type of service I had in mind – along with others which are not quite what I was looking for!

The cocktails were going down very nicely, and I was having a lovely day chilling with my kindle and messaging friends when I got an alert from my phone from the dating app I was registered to.
I debated for some time over sharing the next part of my day as I need to give some background information for it to make sense and although it may not always seem to be the case, I am very careful of the level of personal information I reveal online. However I write these reports for my own benefit primarily, and I do like to have a record of the trips to look back on, so feel I wanted to include it! As some of you who have been around the Dibb for some time will be aware, my marriage ended around 5 years ago and following this I took some time out to sort my life and rebuild my confidence which had taken a big hit in the process. As I was getting myself back to normal, the world was hit by the pandemic which I think is fair to say had repercussions which continued for much longer than anticipated – and put a real halt to meeting new people in any capacity! As the restrictions started to ease earlier this year, a friend and I signed up to the world of online dating – a minefield in itself as anyone who has dabbled in it will be aware, but in amongst all the idiots, I have met some lovely people and had a lot of fun in the past months just getting back out in the world and interacting again with new people.

So to get back to the point of sharing this information, I had received an alert that I had matched with a new guy on the app – what I had completely overlooked in my cocktail induced alcoholic haze was the fact that the location on this particular app was based on actual location, NOT where you actually live, so I had now matched with a guy who lived in Belfast!
I thought it was only polite to message to explain my idiocy rather than just delete him, and before I knew where I was I was spending the next hour messaging a new “friend” in Belfast!
As we were now able to leave the ship independently, there was a regular shuttle going back and forth throughout the day into Belfast, so when the suggestion of a coffee meet up was made, it seemed rude to refuse! Before I had time to think better of it, I was headed into Belfast to meet a complete stranger for coffee 😂 It was a very unexpected way to spend some time, but if covid has taught me anything the last 18 months it has been to make the most of every opportunity, so I spent a lovely hour chatting over coffee before heading back to the shuttle and back to the ship!
I had not had any lunch and had consumed a few cocktails before my unexpected visit to Belfast, so picked up another coffee from Starbucks with some cookies to enjoy on my balcony while we sailed out of port.

I also had a lovely bon voyage message from my new “friend” after I thanked him for a lovely meet up.

I then realised I needed to get a move on as I had a dinner reservation and had plans to do 2 shows this evening, so I quickly showered and changed and was soon heading down to deck 4 to the restaurant.
As was becoming usual, I was seated very quickly and had the same wait team I had previously who remembered my drinks order (Seabreeze cocktail) and very quickly handed me the menu.
I ordered the onion tart, beef tenderloin and pineapple cake – with my usual cappuccino, and again all 3 courses were delicious!

I then headed to the theatre for the first of the 2 shows I had booked for the evening – Jamie Allen and his iMagic show. It was very entertaining and I really enjoyed it, in particular a card trick he did to the soundtrack “Shape of my Heart” by Sting – I love this song and hadn’t listened to it for some time, so made a mental note to add to my playlist when I got back to my room!
Following the show, I had around an hour to kill before I needed to head back for the next show – a late night comedian, so I had a wander around some of the areas of the ship I hadn’t yet explored and spent some time watching the robot creating drinks at the Bionic Bar – I hadn’t enough time due to the queue to order from here, so headed back down to the Schooner Bar to order another drink to take to the theatre with me.
The late night comedy show (John Maloney) was not the best I’ve ever seen, and I’ll be honest the first 10 minutes I was seriously considering just leaving as it wasn’t my kind of humour – it felt very dated and old fashioned, but to give him his due, he did get better and he did manage to make me laugh on a few occasions, so not all bad!
Following the show, I was ready for bed, so headed back to my stateroom where I found yet another towel animal

I got into my pj’s and headed over to the balcony to see a gorgeous moon again this evening,

I made a cup of tea and sat out for a while just taking in the view and the sound of the sea – perfect way to end a very unexpected day! ❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index

Edited at 12:56 PM.
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Oh I’m glad you got off and made a new friend. When I started reading this morning I thought it was a shame you weren’t going into Belfast x
Old 6 Sep 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lovely day
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Another good day, and sometimes the least expected days turn out to be lovely!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
This HAS to be my favourite day so far! Your newly found independence and confidence fills my heart with so much joy

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
This HAS to be my favourite day so far! Your newly found independence and confidence fills my heart with so much joy
Thank you - and you know how big a part you played in helping me to get there ❤️
I read back my first solo DLP trip report last week (which I took soon after my split) I don’t recognise the person I was then, and it’s surreal to see how far I’ve come since that trip!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fab day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List