Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Sep 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Sorry to read that.
All the things we were planning on doing too.
Will you just go anyway and hope no one checks? As doubt every tourist place knows about these stupid rules!
Also found the whole quarantine plan confusing too! Ah well, one less thing for me to stress about.
It's ridiculous isn't it. I'm not sure we would go, I just don't think it would be fair to make Ava wear a mask for the entire time. We just went to Barbados, did the Disney cruise & have just got back from Dubai. Young kids were exempt from wearing masks in all those places which is a much more sensible approach IMO. I've always thought that any kid under 6 shouldn't have to wear one, it's just too young IMO. Ava has worn them and isn't bothered but going to a shop is quite different from having to wear one for the entire plane journey and everywhere that we would go on holiday.

Have you been before?
Old 7 Sep 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
It's ridiculous isn't it. I'm not sure we would go, I just don't think it would be fair to make Ava wear a mask for the entire time. We just went to Barbados, did the Disney cruise & have just got back from Dubai. Young kids were exempt from wearing masks in all those places which is a much more sensible approach IMO. I've always thought that any kid under 6 shouldn't have to wear one, it's just too young IMO. Ava has worn them and isn't bothered but going to a shop is quite different from having to wear one for the entire plane journey and everywhere that we would go on holiday.

Have you been before?
No and not likely to at this rate!
Just all a bit over the top.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve been lucky enough to visit Canada many times and have travelled all over and can truly say I love it more than the USA.

We go back in December for a week over new year 😊
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
wayne77
slightly serious Dibber

Wizzy, any advice for first time visitors, also how was the process regarding testing etc?
wayne77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
wayne77
slightly serious Dibber

Hi guys,
Must the PCR test for Canada be carried out in a clinic/lab, or will a home self test suffice?
wayne77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wizzyanne View Post
I’ve been lucky enough to visit Canada many times and have travelled all over and can truly say I love it more than the USA.

We go back in December for a week over new year 😊
Chilly! I love Canada too. Where are you off too?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We just booked a week in toronto/Niagara for next month as we cannot get to california. DH has been before with work but DS and I haven’t so are really looking forward to it!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We just changed our USA booking for next month , got fed up with the uncertainty.
Back to Canada for us Toronto- Kitchener - Niagara falls - quick stop in Hamilton - Toronto Airport this is my 6th trip and DH fourth ( I think ) so missing out downtown Toronto this time .
Off to change our US$ to $Cad !
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
wayne77
slightly serious Dibber

Any info on my query regarding where to take the PCR tests..?
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
notorious
Earning More Ears

BA have listed some providers on their website britishairways/en-gb.../covid19-tests
notorious is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List