Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Besides going to florida what have you missed!

I have missed vlogs, especially from the British vloggers. When I go on you tube, to see that most of the videos are over a year old, really make me miss florida as you could get your florida fix by watching others, video.

Yes I am aware of the us vloggers but do love the british ones, makes a difference.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Yes, same here . I love the Despicable 3 vlogs from Florida, i have re-watched them no end of times. I do watch ResortTV1 (US vlog) as they do skyliner routes which is very relaxing and feels like im there with them .

Also for me, is the planning. I LOVE doing the itinerary and prepping where we will go, where we will eat etc. I feel like its half ≈≈≈≈≈ now as we still have no idea when we can go , miss my 2019 planning book xx
kitjos is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

It may seem silly but I've missed the hotel stay at the airport the night before our flight. Its the start of the holiday for me and the time I feel my stress levels lower. I then look forward to my breakfast in the hotel the following morning before we set off.
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Planning.

I'm dabbling in and out of planning but until things settle down I'm not in the mood to plan too much. The build up is what I'm missing
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gingerlife View Post
It may seem silly but I've missed the hotel stay at the airport the night before our flight. Its the start of the holiday for me and the time I feel my stress levels lower. I then look forward to my breakfast in the hotel the following morning before we set off.
Yes! It's a lovely feeling of relaxing, isn't it?

I also get this feeling after getting through security at the airport and into the departure gate (browsing the shops for snacks and bits for the flight.)

And then when first arriving at my room/villa and settling in.

It's nice just thinking about it.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

For us it’s the friends and the life we have made when we are there but most of all watching the sun come up over the pool with my tea and toast and the sound of the pool pump starting daft I know
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
For us it’s the friends and the life we have made when we are there but most of all watching the sun come up over the pool with my tea and toast and the sound of the pool pump starting daft I know
Not daft! It's what it all signals to you -- what it means. I bet the pool pump is like a song or a scent that triggers feelings and memories.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So many things,

The morning of the flight with that buzz in the pit of your stomach.
The breakfast in the airport.
Looking at what films are available on the plane and getting a good surprise.
The first look of the hire car/van when we get to Florida.
Walking in to the villa for the first time.
Shopping in publix.

I could go on and on and on 😆
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I miss the build up and excitement, going shopping for holiday clothes, watching vlogs (still watch them but not the same) but most of all I miss the memories that I’m now not going to make. DS was 14 when we were supposed to be there in 2020. He’s now a 16 year old going on 30 and doesn’t want to come.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Planning.

I'm dabbling in and out of planning but until things settle down I'm not in the mood to plan too much. The build up is what I'm missing
I’m with you on this TB
Love a plan & a list
I had our days all sorted for Boston & Chicago & trips booked too
Of course researched all the important stuff like best breakfasts & best pizza
Found out that both cities have Cheesecake Factory🍰 & Magnolia Bakery 🧁
Can’t wait to go but all my planning is done already 😩
And I Can’t be bothered to google anymore things until we can go 🤞
Hope you’re ok ❤️Xx
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List