Old 10 Sep 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Travel to Italy. Help needed please?

I have a two night hotel credit for Venice due to expire at the end of this year.
So is this what I currently have to do to travel there for 2 nights?
1: Order my day 2 release test. Order my LFT to fly home test? Order a LFT to fly out test.
2: Pay for a 48 hour lateral flow test turnaround to fly and complete Covid forms with Covid code?
3: Provide vaccination status proof?
4: Complete Covid pass proof or something similar?
5: Upon arrival contact the local government department to tell them that Iíve arrived?
6: The following day take the lateral flow test to fly home test which Iíve pre-ordered and upload all the results.
7: Fill in all the forms and get a code?
8: Once home take the day 2 pre ordered test and send off?
My brain just canít seem to compute whether this is right or wrong.
I donít want to lose this credit as itís almost £600 but I just canít face this rigmarole just to go there for 2 days!

Edited at 10:27 AM.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

What a palaver. I've just looked it up because I'm nosey. Seems like you've got it all correct.

You'll also need a green pass for things like eating indoors.

Would it be worth booking accommodation for a few extra nights, not necessarily the same hotel, to make it more worthwhile?
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

I think that as you're only staying two nights and your LFT to return can be done in the three days before your departure from Italy you could use the same test to travel out and travel back provided it's done the day before you go.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
What a palaver. I've just looked it up because I'm nosey. Seems like you've got it all correct.

You'll also need a green pass for things like eating indoors.

Would it be worth booking accommodation for a few extra nights, not necessarily the same hotel, to make it more worthwhile?
Yes I guess it might be. Itís a pain in the neck to be honest. I couldnít believe it all and wonít feel like itís fun at all.
Old 10 Sep 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
I think that as you're only staying two nights and your LFT to return can be done in the three days before your departure from Italy you could use the same test to travel out and travel back provided it's done the day before you go.
So if Iím travelling on a Friday and coming back on the Sunday Iíd have to take the test and get the results before flying on the Friday ? So a 24 hour turnaround ? Take the test on the Thursday ? My brain hurts!
Old 10 Sep 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
So if Iím travelling on a Friday and coming back on the Sunday Iíd have to take the test and get the results before flying on the Friday ? So a 24 hour turnaround ? Take the test on the Thursday ? My brain hurts!
You can take the LFT at the airport up to 2 hours before departure - so a bit itght but would then be valid for your return
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Yes you can take the test on the Thursday.

This is what the government website says...

"When to take your test
You can take the test any time in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding."

So if you substitute Sunday for the Friday in the example, then the earliest day for the test becomes the preceding Thursday.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
You can take the LFT at the airport up to 2 hours before departure - so a bit itght but would then be valid for your return
Thatís a bit stressy but a good option. Iím currently considering a 3 day stay too even though Iíd def need two tests for flying but at least I could then take a later flight take the airport test first in the afternoon fly and stay near Marco Polo Airport. Advise the authorities and then at least have one free day to transfer to my hotel on the canal using my credit. Wander around soak up the atmosphere and then test the next day and relax sightseeing and then fly home the next day.
Old 10 Sep 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
Yes you can take the test on the Thursday.

This is what the government website says...

"When to take your test
You can take the test any time in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding."

So if you substitute Sunday for the Friday in the example, then the earliest day for the test becomes the preceding Thursday.
Im going to weigh up all the options and this is certainly one. I just couldnít get my head around it so Iím glad that I got the timing correct.
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I feel your pain , we are supposed to be going to Venice in nov , still praying itís cancelled . Itís such a faff for 3 nights so we canít use the same test as I read it .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , 1 night poly
Nov 2022 CBR , Polynesian and Bahama bay
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List