Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Sep 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

Rooms are small generally MADE hotel was nice but small.

Left field choice. Andaz Wall Street.

Real nice hotel. I don't stay on times square, just not keen tbh.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
We stayed at the Intercontinental Barclay last month , was amazing.

Good sized rooms for NY, good location very clean
I’ve been five times all different hotels and this was my favourite. I would avoid times sq now and too busy for me. This is a great balance of being mid town but quieter.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
I’ve been five times all different hotels and this was my favourite. I would avoid times sq now and too busy for me. This is a great balance of being mid town but quieter.
Is it very noisy/busy staying near Times Square?It would nice to have some peace during down time.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

A good budget option is Holiday Inn Express Maddison Square Gardens. We stayed there years ago. It was in a good location to get to anywhere and a very good hotel.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

We’ve stayed at the Westin Times Square twice now and really liked the location. You are very close to Times Square but we couldn’t hear any noise from our room- think we were 35th and 37th floor so great views. Rooms were a decent size and the beds really comfy. We walked most places but you are really close to a subway station so when we ventured further afield it was easy to do.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
We’ve stayed at the Westin Times Square twice now and really liked the location. You are very close to Times Square but we couldn’t hear any noise from our room- think we were 35th and 37th floor so great views. Rooms were a decent size and the beds really comfy. We walked most places but you are really close to a subway station so when we ventured further afield it was easy to do.
We were very happy there too.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Thank you,that is the hotel that DH has been researching into 😊
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at the hotel beacon twice, big rooms ask for a high floor great views, 300mtrs to subway, five mins to museum and central park, great bar for a cosy drink after a day out sightseeing, its up on 72nd Street nice and quiet when you get back at night for sleeping, five day subway ticket and your made, great to walk back from brooklyn Bridge through times square etc if you like a walk.
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

We loved the Marriott Marquis Times Sq amazing location, nice large rooms with great views, near everything and all transport links.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I hate Times Square so stayed away. Awful place to me, but appreciate many like it. Just be aware if you haven’t been it’s unbelievably busy with lots of scammers etc. One guy got aggressive with me and my son calling me racist when he tried to sell me a CD when I said ‘no thanks’ and I was polite/ stupid enough to stop and talk to him- ignore these scammers and just keep walking. There was a gang of them operating in the area, it was very intimidating. I wouldn’t go back after that, they were the lowest of the low getting aggressive even though my son was 10 years old. I walked over to the police and they scarpered. Must work with many.
Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea was very nice and in a quiet road but close to a lot.

Edited at 03:50 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List