Notices

Old 14 Sep 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SallyK
a Friend of the DIBB

12 -15yrs one jab only - still no travel exemptions

So our kids will have one jab in the next few months but this will still mean they can't travel to USA/Canada as they required double jabbed. At least they will have Pfizer which is recognised, unlike us parents with the AZ vaccine.

Unless they are 16yrs they can't have a NHS covid 'passport' App. So we are no further on except their safety and Disney is looking unlikely for a very long time...
SallyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Olivia

We were talking about this earlier
Surely if they only require one vaccine they should be classed as fully vaccinated as thatís all they need
Old 14 Sep 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
We were talking about this earlier
Surely if they only require one vaccine they should be classed as fully vaccinated as thatís all they need
Unfortunately, I think it will go on the rule of the country that youíre flying to. So if the U.S.A say that two jabs are considered fully vaccinated, then the U.K kids wonít be considered fully vaccinated.

Itís all irrelevant any way as I reckon by the time borders are open, theyíll all be collecting their pension.😅
Old 14 Sep 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SallyK View Post
So our kids will have one jab in the next few months but this will still mean they can't travel to USA/Canada as they required double jabbed. At least they will have Pfizer which is recognised, unlike us parents with the AZ vaccine.

Unless they are 16yrs they can't have a NHS covid 'passport' App. So we are no further on except their safety and Disney is looking unlikely for a very long time...
AZ is recognised as itís a WHO approved vaccine. Unless that has changed?

Goodness knows when borders will open! Iíve already given up on my easter break as I will have a 12 year old and he probably wonít be allowed in!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

The US recognises any WHO approved vaccine. This includes AZ. So no issues with that.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

The US accept AZ.

Do they (US) mandate double vaccine now for visitors? Is there an alternative of a negative test? I know we can't currently fly direct but lots can. What are the actual rules?

For me vaccination is about health, not travel. We've just come back from Lanzorote. A negative test was needed for kids. Happy to do this.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Let's not assume they will act with logic and science as the basis. They haven't so far when it comes to incoming travel, e.g. countries that have been rife with variants, massive numbers have been able to visit right through, with little testing or is it no testing at all? and European countries with extremely low numbers haven't even been given a moment's consideration.

As has been said in other threads, at some point when the political atmosphere is right we'll get let in and perhaps there will be relatively little rigour as to the conditions imposed.

Nov 2001 - I-Drive ... May 2009 - DL Paris ... Aug 2011 - Pop ... Aug 2013 - SSR ... Aug 2015 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug 2017 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb 2018 - Cabana Bay ... Feb 2019 - Aventura + A/S Sports
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Do they (US) mandate double vaccine now for visitors? Is there an alternative of a negative test? I know we can't currently fly direct but lots can. What are the actual rules?
No, they donít, currently if otherwise eligible to enter you can enter unvaccinated, you are just Ďadvisedí to quarantine by the CDC if youíre not 14 days beyond dose 2 (or dose 1 if you had J&J). Thatís at a federal level, there may still be a handful of states that actually REQUIRE the quarantine, Iím not sure anymore but the majority are certainly just going with the CDC guidance.

This is what gets a lot of peopleís backs up about the fact the Ďbansí are still in place. If youíre an unvaccinated visitor from some country with barely any vaccines completely rife with covid you can stroll on in, but a vaccinated European from a country with very high vaccination rates and low covid isnít allowed in directly, but can still come if they choose to transit for 2 weeks through said covid rife country first. Itís the opposite of following the science.

Everybody needs the negative pre-entry test (LFTs accepted) regardless of vaccination status. That goes for citizens and permanent residents as well as visitors. Aside from the Ďbansí, thatís pretty much the only part of their travel policy that is actually a solid legal requirement.

It has been hinted at more recently that a wider opening in the future may lead to a vaccine requirement, even though a few months back the White House was denying they were planning to go down this route, so honestly who knows! Personally I wouldnít worry too much yet though. If the plan is really going to be to tie entry requirements to vaccination status of people from other countries Iíd like to think there will be a pragmatic recognition that the rollout was done differently in different countries and the requirements set accordingly.

Edited at 11:45 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
The US accept AZ.

For me vaccination is about health, not travel. We've just come back from Lanzorote. A negative test was needed for kids. Happy to do this.
For me vaccination was for travel and not health, I'm not in a vulnerable group and pretty healthy.

It was always about travel, and it appears I pretty much wasted my time getting vaccinated as it has delivered almost no benefit to me
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
For me vaccination was for travel and not health, I'm not in a vulnerable group and pretty healthy.

It was always about travel, and it appears I pretty much wasted my time getting vaccinated as it has delivered almost no benefit to me
it played a part in my reasons too, will be very frustrating if they don't recognise other countries definitions of fully vaccinated, might even rule all the under 50s out if they set the requirements at three vaccinations! after losing 4 bookings this year I am glad I don't have to think about it for a while now, but at the moment I am not even remotely confident in my Nov 2022 trip happening
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List