Notices

Old 14 Sep 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

PCR test for travel

Where is everyone getting their children tested for travel ( if this even needs to be done as I donít have children so unsure )
Back story
Us girls go away next Sat and one of us got married last year before covid and didnít change her passport,we have just realised that her passport now wonít match her covid passport so she will need a test before travelling which will have to be booked in her maiden name using passport as proof of id,she never does anything by halves.
So just wondering who people are using although I realise most of us wonít need to use anyone.
We are in North Wales and I canít seem to find a local one.
Obviously too late to change passport,talk about not straight forward.
Tracy x
Old 14 Sep 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We used Randox. It was £65 and they post to home address. Put in a drop box (we used Helsby services on M56 - not sure how far into North Wales you are so there may be closer).

Orderes Saturday. Received Tues in post (says to allow 5 days). Tested and dropped Friday at 4.30. had results Saturday 10am ready to travel Monday 3pm

Edit: think Boots and other places do them locally so may be easier in person.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We used Randox. It was £65 and they post to home address. Put in a drop box (we used Helsby services on M56 - not sure how far into North Wales you are so there may be closer).

Orderes Saturday. Received Tues in post (says to allow 5 days). Tested and dropped Friday at 4.30. had results Saturday 10am ready to travel Monday 3pm

Edit: think Boots and other places do them locally so may be easier in person.
Thank You!
She has chosen Randox but is taking a trip to Liverpool to have it done at the clinic.
Thanks for the recommendation
Tracy x
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Where is everyone getting their children tested for travel ( if this even needs to be done as I donít have children so unsure )
Back story
Us girls go away next Sat and one of us got married last year before covid and didnít change her passport,we have just realised that her passport now wonít match her covid passport so she will need a test before travelling which will have to be booked in her maiden name using passport as proof of id,she never does anything by halves.
So just wondering who people are using although I realise most of us wonít need to use anyone.
We are in North Wales and I canít seem to find a local one.
Obviously too late to change passport,talk about not straight forward.
Tracy x
Where are you going? SOme places have entry criteria that differs dependign on vaccine status *Portugal did but have now changed that* so the passport name being different to the vaccine cert name could still be an issue in some places
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Thank You!
She has chosen Randox but is taking a trip to Liverpool to have it done at the clinic.
Thanks for the recommendation
Tracy x
We had our tests done by Randox at Manchester airport, results in under 30 minutes (that was a lateral, PCR is a few hours longer)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Where are you going? SOme places have entry criteria that differs dependign on vaccine status *Portugal did but have now changed that* so the passport name being different to the vaccine cert name could still be an issue in some places
Weíre going to Spain.
Her test is booked using her maiden name which will match her passport and flight ticket.
Hopefully Iím not missing something and this should be ok.
Tracy x
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Am I missing something, people will travel like this all the time? Take a copy of the marriage certificate, that should cover it. Iíd certainly wouldnít be paying for something unnecessarily, especially when thereís an easy way to prove youíre the same person.
2018 - First visit for my daughter
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We live about 20 mins away from East Midlands airport, dd needs a test before we go to Greece in a few weeks so will go there, itís only a few quid more than a postal one and I donít want the risk of it going missing!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
Am I missing something, people will travel like this all the time? Take a copy of the marriage certificate, that should cover it. Iíd certainly wouldnít be paying for something unnecessarily, especially when thereís an easy way to prove youíre the same person.
Iíll try to phone easy jet and see what they say,but feel like she could be refused boarding,but maybe worth a phone call before Wed.
Tracy x