Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
tracy99
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 09
Location: Llandudno
PCR test for travel

Where is everyone getting their children tested for travel ( if this even needs to be done as I donít have children so unsure )
Back story
Us girls go away next Sat and one of us got married last year before covid and didnít change her passport,we have just realised that her passport now wonít match her covid passport so she will need a test before travelling which will have to be booked in her maiden name using passport as proof of id,she never does anything by halves.
So just wondering who people are using although I realise most of us wonít need to use anyone.
We are in North Wales and I canít seem to find a local one.
Obviously too late to change passport,talk about not straight forward.
Tracy x
__________________
tracy99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Blue nose
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 16
We used Randox. It was £65 and they post to home address. Put in a drop box (we used Helsby services on M56 - not sure how far into North Wales you are so there may be closer).

Orderes Saturday. Received Tues in post (says to allow 5 days). Tested and dropped Friday at 4.30. had results Saturday 10am ready to travel Monday 3pm

Edit: think Boots and other places do them locally so may be easier in person.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
tracy99
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 09
Location: Llandudno
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We used Randox. It was £65 and they post to home address. Put in a drop box (we used Helsby services on M56 - not sure how far into North Wales you are so there may be closer).

Orderes Saturday. Received Tues in post (says to allow 5 days). Tested and dropped Friday at 4.30. had results Saturday 10am ready to travel Monday 3pm

Edit: think Boots and other places do them locally so may be easier in person.
Thank You!
She has chosen Randox but is taking a trip to Liverpool to have it done at the clinic.
Thanks for the recommendation
Tracy x
__________________
tracy99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
123
Imagineer
 
123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Where is everyone getting their children tested for travel ( if this even needs to be done as I donít have children so unsure )
Back story
Us girls go away next Sat and one of us got married last year before covid and didnít change her passport,we have just realised that her passport now wonít match her covid passport so she will need a test before travelling which will have to be booked in her maiden name using passport as proof of id,she never does anything by halves.
So just wondering who people are using although I realise most of us wonít need to use anyone.
We are in North Wales and I canít seem to find a local one.
Obviously too late to change passport,talk about not straight forward.
Tracy x
Where are you going? SOme places have entry criteria that differs dependign on vaccine status *Portugal did but have now changed that* so the passport name being different to the vaccine cert name could still be an issue in some places
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
123
Imagineer
 
123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Thank You!
She has chosen Randox but is taking a trip to Liverpool to have it done at the clinic.
Thanks for the recommendation
Tracy x
We had our tests done by Randox at Manchester airport, results in under 30 minutes (that was a lateral, PCR is a few hours longer)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
tracy99
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 09
Location: Llandudno
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Where are you going? SOme places have entry criteria that differs dependign on vaccine status *Portugal did but have now changed that* so the passport name being different to the vaccine cert name could still be an issue in some places
Weíre going to Spain.
Her test is booked using her maiden name which will match her passport and flight ticket.
Hopefully Iím not missing something and this should be ok.
Tracy x
__________________
tracy99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
Bolto6
Imagineer
 
Bolto6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 12
Location: Nottingham
Am I missing something, people will travel like this all the time? Take a copy of the marriage certificate, that should cover it. Iíd certainly wouldnít be paying for something unnecessarily, especially when thereís an easy way to prove youíre the same person.
__________________
1992 / 1995 / 1997 - With Mum, Dad and brother
2006 - With Mum
2007 / 2008 / 2010 / 2012 / 2014 - With my husband (married 2014)
2018 - First visit for my daughter
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
captain-codeye
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 10

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We live about 20 mins away from East Midlands airport, dd needs a test before we go to Greece in a few weeks so will go there, itís only a few quid more than a postal one and I donít want the risk of it going missing!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
#9
tracy99
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 09
Location: Llandudno
Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
Am I missing something, people will travel like this all the time? Take a copy of the marriage certificate, that should cover it. Iíd certainly wouldnít be paying for something unnecessarily, especially when thereís an easy way to prove youíre the same person.
Iíll try to phone easy jet and see what they say,but feel like she could be refused boarding,but maybe worth a phone call before Wed.
Tracy x
__________________
tracy99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Mickey
On 22nd October 4:51pm
Guests can now start their magical adventure before their visit with their very own personalised... Read More »
Posted in Water Park
On 19th October 8:31am
An exhilarating new water slide experience, Reef Plunge, is coming to Aquatica in Orlando just... Read More »
Posted in MagicBand+
On 30th September 3:21pm
As part of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney will be debuting... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X