Notices

Old 15 Sep 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

England could see big wave of hospitalisations

bbc/news/uk-58566235

The policy of running through cases in the summer might not have been fast enough.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Are these the same modellers who said we would see a massive increase when we lifted restrictions and when the children went back to school. Yes the could be right but with any model rubbish in rubbish out. They can feed in the information knowing what they will get out.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

More scare articles.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
bbc/news/uk-58566235

The policy of running through cases in the summer might not have been fast enough.
I think we can ignore this as just job creation and justification on the part of the team that pulled this report together.

They even admit themselves in the report that their last "doom and gloom" prediction never came close to being realised.

Why do we listen to these people, they obviously don't know any more than we do
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

More ifs. I'm surprised they haven't brought back mask mandates anyway actually for the flu season.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

England could win the next football world cup.

Disney332
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
England could win the next football world cup.

Disney332
More chance of that than this report coming to realisation
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Very Serious Dibber

The word "could". As you say, I could become Trumps Number 1 spokesman. I could be asked to coach the British Lions next year. And I definitely could win the Euromillions three times in a row
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Very Serious Dibber

And yet they positively say light interventions such as (shock horror) mask wearing could nullify this risk. Seems no one saw that.

Go figure eh. Everyone pitch in and help out.

Regards modelling. Do you think we should just "go with the flow".

Dammed if you do. If you don't like what the BBC reports can I suggest you get your "news" from Fox or somewhere else.

Edited at 08:09 AM.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

If they are correct , which I doubt and hope not, then we may as well just stop doing everything we enjoy.
I still do not personally know anyone who has caught covid this year, or last year except my BIL who got it when in hospital last year (supposedly).