Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Travel with unvaccinated child

Hi
With the new rules around travel coming into place in October has anyone seen what happens with under 16’s ?
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Currently no one can travel to the US vaccinated or not. No change in America’s rules at the moment.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
I know we can’t travel to the US but I just want to know the new rules regarding travel , looks like an announcement on UK-US is imminent
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

We are due to go next year in August, I have pretty much everything booked and worried sick now.

My 14 year old does not want the vaccine and my 11 year old will turn 12 less than 2 months before we travel so she wont be vaccinated.
Old 18 Sep 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
We are due to go next year in August, I have pretty much everything booked and worried sick now.

My 14 year old does not want the vaccine and my 11 year old will turn 12 less than 2 months before we travel so she wont be vaccinated.
Our 12 year old doesn’t want the vaccine either, just didn’t see anything in the new rules that mentioned under 16’s.
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

I guess it will depend if the USA insist on vaccines when they allow us in which is a high possibility.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Different states also have different rules, once you’ve got into the country. New York, I believe you have to be vaccinated to go in almost any indoor spaces - including restaurants, attractions, theatre etc. This applies to all over 12’s. But I haven’t heard of a rule like that for Florida (yet).
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Excited about Disney

Coming back to the UK the rules are the same for unvaccinated children as for their fully vaccinated parents, so just a lateral flow on day 2.
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
icf75
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sukey View Post
Coming back to the UK the rules are the same for unvaccinated children as for their fully vaccinated parents, so just a lateral flow on day 2.
I cant find this anywhere do you have a source?
Google is letting me down!
icf75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sukey View Post
I really hope this stays the case. Obviously it’s not going to help us get to Florida any time soon. Hoping there is some news soon so we can all get planning or be put out of our misery. We’ve already discussed this as a family and if they insist on children being vaccinated we won’t be going ☹️