Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Sep 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

New California Grill Menu

Set menu, $80 per person plus tax and tip.

Better view of it here :

wdwnt/2021/09/limited-ti...porary-resort/

Edited at 05:39 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

What do you think about it DrJJ?
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
What do you think about it DrJJ?
Looks good to me, I'm going to go and find out in person if my Nov flights are going

We're all set for fastest finger first when ADR's open on Thursday
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Good Luck with your FFF
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

That’s us out. We simply don’t eat desserts and don’t like this new Disney methodology of increasing margin by forcing 3 courses on you.
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
That’s us out. We simply don’t eat desserts and don’t like this new Disney methodology of increasing margin by forcing 3 courses on you.
I’m sort of with you. I’m not big on desserts - I will eat one if I have to - but what I can’t decide is whether $80 is a ‘better’ price than app and entree alone would have been. My instinct is no but I may be horribly out of touch with CG prices.

For instance the old Chefs de France lunch prix fixe was still great value even if you weren’t bothered about dessert. But I’m going back a good few years there!
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’m sort of with you. I’m not big on desserts - I will eat one if I have to - but what I can’t decide is whether $80 is a ‘better’ price than app and entree alone would have been. My instinct is no but I may be horribly out of touch with CG prices.

For instance the old Chefs de France lunch prix fixe was still great value even if you weren’t bothered about dessert. But I’m going back a good few years there!
I haven’t priced it up either but doubt Disney would have done this if it wasn’t automatically increasing margin. Margin is biggest on desserts in a restaurant.
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I haven’t priced it up either but doubt Disney would have done this if it wasn’t automatically increasing margin. Margin is biggest on desserts in a restaurant.
It’s my feeling that increasing margin is the driver for most Disney decisions right now…..

Probably easier for the kitchen to execute, too.
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

All Ears still has the old menu prices. Starters ranged from $17 for soup to $29 for the sushi. Mains were $37 for the vegan pasta to $64 for the rib eye. So I think you're looking at around $70-75 for two courses a la carte on average, which doesn't make the dessert too bad. As with all prix fixe, the red meat eaters always fare better.

I don't mind the look of this one, better than the same priced Space 220 for sure. Still more tempted by the fireworks party though.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think the menu looks nice and it is a decent price for three courses, however I am another that more often than not skips the dessert course.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List