Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I'm hoping the mask wearing for children at least will be scrapped by the time we go. It's a long time to wear one for at any age x
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Masks on the plane is a deal breaker for us. My 8 year daughter has autism and won’t manage, although she’s so desperate to go she says she’ll be ok. If the requirement is still there in March we will probably postpone until Xmas.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Can you imagine the absolute bedlam onboard an aircraft packed with British Families and air crew trying to get all the kids to keep their masks on. Mix in with the guy on row 16 who doesn't have kids and has little understanding kicking off because the kid on row 15 took their mask off again . Its going to be the new kicking back of the seat thing / crying baby disturbing everyone moan

It's going to be a total disaster lol.

I have heart palpitations thinking about getting my 7 year old to do it let alone a two year old.

I just don't see how in reality you keep such strict requirements going. Most families haven't been flying with these sort of requirements in place. Not for kids as young as 2 anyway. I don't think they have been tested on mass yet and when the average joe starts flying again its going to be a mess if they are retained.

What they going to do ? arrest 60+ families when they land or make an emergency landing every five mins when another toddler kicks off ?
This cheered me right up haha
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Masks on the plane is a deal breaker for us. My 8 year daughter has autism and won’t manage, although she’s so desperate to go she says she’ll be ok. If the requirement is still there in March we will probably postpone until Xmas.
Your post just touched my heart. Although you probably didn't mean to, I just really appreciated how strong your little girl is trying to be.

I really hope you manage to get her back over as soon as it's possible for you.
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsquinlivo
Getting Excited

I live in America now and have flown domestically a couple times since covid started. I’m not sure if it will be the same for international flights but the flight attendants have been very strict with mask wearing unless you’re eating or drinking. They will even wake you up from naps to ask you to cover your nose if your mask has fallen down.
So maybe you just need a bag of crisps in your 2 year olds hands at all times? 😂
Also to add I flew internationally from Heathrow to Atlanta when we moved here but it was during the travel ban so the plane was pretty much empty. The flight attendants weren’t walking around as much so they were a little slack on my kids wearing their masks over their noses.

Edited at 11:04 PM.
mrsquinlivo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

I would expect masks on airlines to still be required for a long long time. It will be one of those lingering requirements.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I think moving to a situation much like restaurants where you put on a mask to move around the cabin would be the most sensible and a good balance.

If you can take your mask off to have a meal then it is UTTERLY pointless to keep you mask on in your seat for the rest of the flight. If you have the virus then chances are the person next to you is going to get it during the meal service.

If you then get up and walk the length of the plane to go to the toilet then it would make sense to put on your mask to reduce the chances of spread to the rest of the plane.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
My 12 year old DGS has autism, we sent details to special assistance before flying last month and he did not have to wear a mask onboard. However, he made the decision to wear one and kept it on for the whole of the flight, and I mean the whole flight, as he never eats or drinks anything (apparently airline food is contaminated ).

This was to Barbados but the same exemption applies when travelling to the USA - that's with Virgin and other airlines may have different rules, particularly American ones.

help.virginatlantic/gb/e...xemptions.html

HTH

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Never alone a kid keeping a mask on for 8 hours no way in the world would i be able to hack it...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
RichyC
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by ST1TCH View Post
So we are booked to go in February, rearranged from august 2019. I know I should be so excited about the news that we can now actually fly, but to be honest it's just made me anxious.
Looking at all the rules, I just dont see how I am going to be able to get my 2 year old to wear a mask for probably 11 hours, with immigration as well. Most days it's a battle to get trousers on him.
Anyone else worried about this and have a plan to actually make it work. Or shall I just cancel before we hand over anymore money.
We're in the exact same situation as you with our just turned 2 year old.

We are also due to go in Feb '22 having moved it from Feb '21.

We were going to move it back a year to Feb '23 due to the mask mandate, but we got excited about the news breaking yesterday & now don't really want to move it after waiting so long.

The mask mandate is set to expire on 18th Jan 22, which is pretty close to our holiday & i have a feeling they might extend it again. I'm kind of hoping that Virgin will be a bit more understanding with toddlers, although i know that it is a federal mandate.

There is no way we are going to be able to get our 2 year to wear a mask for the duration of the flight & also through immigration.
RichyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List