Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

From early November fully vaccinated people from all countries will be able to travel to the US, the White House said.

They will have to show proof of vaccination before boarding a US-bound plane and a test with a negative result within three days of departure.

There will also be contact tracing, with airlines collecting phone numbers and email addresses of passengers.

Jeff Zients, the White House Covid-19 coordinator, said: "That will allow the CDC to follow up if someone around them has tested positive.

There will be no quarantine for vaccinated travelers arriving in the US. Mr Zients confirmed: "This applies to all international travel starting early November."

On which vaccines will be accepted, Mr Zients said he would defer to the CDC.

This was the official press brief yesterday, bit in bold says 3 days departure.
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scattle View Post
From early November fully vaccinated people from all countries will be able to travel to the US, the White House said.

They will have to show proof of vaccination before boarding a US-bound plane and a test with a negative result within three days of departure.
There will also be contact tracing, with airlines collecting phone numbers and email addresses of passengers.

Jeff Zients, the White House Covid-19 coordinator, said: "That will allow the CDC to follow up if someone around them has tested positive.

There will be no quarantine for vaccinated travelers arriving in the US. Mr Zients confirmed: "This applies to all international travel starting early November."

On which vaccines will be accepted, Mr Zients said he would defer to the CDC.

This was the official press brief yesterday, bit in bold says 3 days departure.
So within 3 days of landing? Surely it would have to say a negative test before boarding also?
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

Also theyre new rules for unvaccinated americans are different, they say 1 test within 1 day before and 1 day AFTER travel.

It would say after travel if that was meant in my opinion.

Americans traveling from abroad who are not vaccinated will face tougher rules than vaccinated citizens, including needing to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within a day of travel and proof of purchasing a viral test to be taken after arrival.
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KUEFC View Post
So within 3 days of landing? Surely it would have to say a negative test before boarding also?
Its 100% before outbound travel.
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scattle View Post
Its 100% before outbound travel.
I guess we will see but that’s honestly not how I read it
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

The testing would have to be beforehand otherwise you wouldn't be able to show proof of a negative result before boarding (wording taken from Scattle's post).
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

The White House briefing what I have posted above, differentiate between Vaccinated and Unvacinnated.
If you read the paragraph about unvacinnated it says 1 Test within 1 day of Travel AND 1 Test AFTER travel.

If they meant for Vaccinated people to test after landing in the USA, it would say AFTER like it did for the unvaccinated.
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
The testing would have to be beforehand otherwise you wouldn't be able to show proof of a negative result before boarding (wording taken from Scattle's post).
Different news outlets are carrying different wording, it’s not clear at all
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What would be the point of taking a test 3 days after you get there, if you are positive then they've already let you in.
I took it to mean you have to have a test up to 3 days prior to travelling, surely that would make more sense?
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I have read/heard it as 3 days before you travel into the US.

I'm not sure why 3 days though 🤔
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List