Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Hope people are right and it is before
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
I have read/heard it as 3 days before you travel into the US.

I'm not sure why 3 days though 🤔
That's the way I read it too. You have your test, it's negative, on the plane we go! Doesn't make any sense for it to be when you're there.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We are in the USA now, travelled via Barbados. We had to have our test within 3 days of arrival in the US. You can't board a USA bound plane without proof of a negative test. It is 100% BEFORE you fly.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry if this has already been posted. If you go to the British Airways website they have a list of lower price tests you can do from home and get back asap. It's on Travel help I think.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvFlorida6056
Earning My Ears

No, I think its test and trace that applies in the US, you have to take a test after three days but what happens if you test positive I hate to think.
LuvFlorida6056 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LuvFlorida6056 View Post
No, I think its test and trace that applies in the US, you have to take a test after three days but what happens if you test positive I hate to think.
You don't take a test in the usa. It's within 3 days of your departure to the usa. They want to make sure negative tested people get on the plane, not someone who tests positive 3 days into the holiday because they got on the plane with it.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Do we think the US will allow antigen testing or will they want the more expensive PCR?
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Megsey
Trying for More Ears

Just done a very quick google search as this has captured my interest. Current USA restrictions say you need to do a test no sooner than 3 days before your departure time and they allow antigen tests. I haven't seen anything about a test 3 days after arrival, does anyone know where this was mentioned?

My recent holiday was the same. You could take any approved test as long as it was within three days of departure and gave you a fit to fly certificate. I completed mine at home the night before as I was packing, no video call necessary. I just had to register the test along with my details!

Getting the right travel information is daunting but at least we're finally allowed to go direct again!

DLP: 2002 | 2003 | 2015 | 2017 | 2018 | WDW: 2002 | 2004 | 2005 | 2007 | 2009 | 2011 | 2014 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022 x2!
Megsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megsey View Post
Just done a very quick google search as this has captured my interest. Current USA restrictions say you need to do a test no sooner than 3 days before your departure time and they allow antigen tests. I haven't seen anything about a test 3 days after arrival, does anyone know where this was mentioned?

My recent holiday was the same. You could take any approved test as long as it was within three days of departure and gave you a fit to fly certificate. I completed mine at home the night before as I was packing, no video call necessary. I just had to register the test along with my details!

Getting the right travel information is daunting but at least we're finally allowed to go direct again!
Which test did you use please ?

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I believe that the test will be requited within the 72 hour period before your flight to the USA's scheduled departure date and time.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List