Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Sep 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Transferring normal tickets to Annual Passes

Hi Y'all,

Some guidance from the master of info that you all are.

We are booked to go on a 5 day trip this November (me and DW) and going back in May 2022 for 14 days (Larger group).
At moment the only option on park tickets of the 7 or 14 day tickets.
Can we still bridge these at Disney Springs? Also is it advisable to only bridge one of our tickets or should we both do it?

Which option would you suggest/choose?

Thanks in Advance
HT
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HerculesTiger View Post
At moment the only option on park tickets of the 7 or 14 day tickets.
Can we still bridge these at Disney Springs?
No one has done it yet with UK tickets since the launch of new AP's but we're assuming it's still possible.

Also is it advisable to only bridge one of our tickets or should we both do it?

Which option would you suggest/choose?

Thanks in Advance
HT
Check out the price difference between 2 x UK tickets and 1 AP (around $1380 inc tax = approx £1025) and see if the maths stacks up.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok somewhat incorrect:- the only UK option is 7 or 14 days you can still buy US tickets at individual days from 1 -10 so it becomes an exercise in arithmetic or as the US says "Do the Math" So if buying the top AP then you need to spend somewhere in the region of £510 to break even but things like waterparks & photopass are now add -ons & will add another $200 plus tax to that ! So whilst a lot of people have commented on the fact that the old Plat+ was $1250 & the new pass is "only" $1299 you have to add that extra $200 to make it like for like. IMo unless you are getting 2 full holidays,at least 2 x14, I can't see it as being cost effective.
As for second question Are you intending to buy 2 passes for the other person ?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Are you intending to buy 2 passes for the other person ?
We are looking at whether me or the DW should get an AP or whether both of us should.

We would look to use the AP to get a discount on the 14 day tickets we would purchase for the other 2 people coming with us next May.

So do we both get AP, one of us, or is it much cheaper over all to just buy (and stick with) the 7 / 14 day tickets for the trips?
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

W

We would look to use the AP to get a discount on the 14 day tickets we would purchase for the other 2 people coming with us next May.
I don't think this is possible?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Oh I always thought the AP got discounts on other ticket purchases?
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

As far as I am aware it's only on certain US tickets. Hopefully if it is possible someone else will chip in as I need to buy three 14's too.
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Yeah the discount is on US tickets only not on the UK ticket purchases as we get a special price for ours which is a lot cheaper than the ones that the US get.

In answer to original poster it really depends on costing. You could purchase 5 day tickets for the trip in November and then a 14 day ticket in May which may work out significantly cheaper than the AP. Really its just about doing the sums. Remember to factor in $20 a day car parking at the parks too as this is included with an AP. In all likelihood its better to have 1 AP than 2 as you don't get any additional benefits for both of you having one. Also bare in mind that the park booking availability is different for AP's to normal tickets so this may impact things too.
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Yeah the discount is on US tickets only not on the UK ticket purchases as we get a special price for ours which is a lot cheaper than the ones that the US get.

In answer to original poster it really depends on costing. You could purchase 5 day tickets for the trip in November and then a 14 day ticket in May which may work out significantly cheaper than the AP. Really its just about doing the sums. Remember to factor in $20 a day car parking at the parks too as this is included with an AP. In all likelihood its better to have 1 AP than 2 as you don't get any additional benefits for both of you having one. Also bare in mind that the park booking availability is different for AP's to normal tickets so this may impact things too.
I didn't consider that day tickets would be cheaper that a 7 day pass for our 5 days this year, however I don't see where (in the UK) I can purchase single day tickets. and as we know we need a ticket to book the park reservation.
With travelling all that way can't chance buying one at the park entrance on the day.

We are staying onsite this year so wont need to pay for parking as we will use the shuttle buses and sky liner to get to the parks. however I will definitely take that into consideration for my workings out for next May as we will have a car as we plan to be stopping in a villa.

I think maybe at this point the extra £300-£400 an AP looks like it will be compared to buying both a 7 and 14 day ticket will not be worth it. Especially if it doesn't already come with memory maker at the price of £1299 (mentioned in post above) the figures don't seem to warrant the purchase.
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You can purchase day tickets through US retailers like Undercover Tourist. However the maths on 5 days works out about even compared to a 7 day UK ticket. And if you want a like-for-like ticket (park hopping, waterparks, memory maker) then it is cheaper to go with the UK ticket.

For your length of trips, I don't think an AP will work out financially better than a 7 day + 14 day UK ticket.

Edited at 11:09 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List