Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I’m losing the Florida love

Its 2 years since my last Florida trip (September 2019) and we have been going most years for over 30 years but neither me or my wife would go when it opens to us even if the holiday was for free.

I used to watch daily Florida vlogs but I now I rarely bother, but I am genuinely pleased that those who want to return can do so in a couple of months. I just got a price for 2 return BA club seats with car hire and that was approaching £6,000 in early June next year (what bargains to be had in the BA sale). That is just ridiculous and almost double what we paid two years ago (we didn’t plan to go next June I was just curious).

With Disney getting even greedier I don’t want to give them anymore money and I know there are other things to do and many people love the beaches but we’re not into laying on beaches and if we were we could do lovely European beaches for a fraction of the cost with no long boring flights and jet lag.

I will be watching my dibb family with interest returning to Florida and hopefully enjoying their trips, but for me and Mrs MH we are both losing the Florida love we once had, and it might never return but at least we have had many good holidays out there when we didn’t need to rob a bank to fund the holiday.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I just did a separate search for car hire and the cheapest is £1,000 for 2 weeks in an economy/basic car for early June next year (madness)!

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Awww and I was just about to offer you a free holiday in December too 😳😁
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Awww and I was just about to offer you a free holiday in December too 😳😁
I get that some people won’t believe that neither me or Mrs MH wouldn’t currently go to Florida on a free holiday, but that is 100% fact. Offer it to me in a couple of years though and I might well accept.
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Why don’t you try somewhere like California? We’ve been lucky enough to go to FL a lot but I now would always prefer California if you’re after sunshine / theme parks / lots to do (the theme parks to be fair are not high on my priority list nowadays though).
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

And I’m now thinking I’ve fallen for a MH wind up thread
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
And I’m now thinking I’ve fallen for a MH wind up thread
I absolutely assure you I am completely serious.
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Why don’t you try somewhere like California? We’ve been lucky enough to go to FL a lot but I now would always prefer California if you’re after sunshine / theme parks / lots to do (the theme parks to be fair are not high on my priority list nowadays though).
We don’t really fancy California and that would still cost a fortune getting there and the flight would be even longer😢
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
We don’t really fancy California and that would still cost a fortune getting there and the flight would be even longer😢
I’m very sorry to have doubted you

What sort of flight time would you prefer, and what do you enjoy doing? Would you consider a cruise?
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

You are not alone, we have been 14 times since 2003 our last being aug 2019 and we had booked for 2020 then moved it to 2021 fast forward to this year and the crappy excuse for free dining was announced and we booked the swan instead of the yacht club, then the rumours re no more fast passes and lightning queues and it was the nail in WDW coffin and we changed our booking to the Portofino and looked to doing the universal and seawporld parks instead.
Then our dates were finally released for flydrives with BA, they had cancelled and refunded our previous booking rather than contact me and change the dates which I would have preferred. Therefore i had to make a new booking - 2 adults & 2 children economy direct flights for 16 nights and Ford Edge £6984 and we just cannot justify it as we had previously booked for £3350 in 2020 and £3150 and both these prices included upgrades to wt+ on the way home.

So we have booked flights to Portugal instead for a similar price that I would usually expect to pay and look to booking a second trip somewhere nice for just dh and I and we will still have ££££ left over from our WDW savings!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List