Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Suey12
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm wondering if there'll be no more announcements?

Maybe "from November" literally means 1st November onwards? And perhaps there'll be no more big announcements? I'm literally scouring all the websites for a hint of an actual date, every single day! Virgin is still selling flights for end of October.

Saying all that, I would be feeling more settled if we had it in writing! I'm still bouncing off the walls with excitement and can't believe my countdown of 47 days is actually quite possible now!
Suey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
See from your countdown This will be 8 times lucky 😮!
Fantastic that you will finally get to go 👏👏👏
Hope you get the unshakeable confirmation you seek soon and then you can bounce even higher !
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

The airlines will be pushing for confirmation of an actual date. Once it’s given we’ll know.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would be surprised if it’s all back to normal from November with flights. I imagine some will still be cancelled or consolidated on to one flight - certainly until demand returns back to 2019 levels.

For example TUI cancelled a lot of European flights from smaller airports this summer as demand couldn’t justify the expense
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

This says November 19th

cruising/en/news-and-res...-november-2021
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I would be surprised if it’s all back to normal from November with flights. I imagine some will still be cancelled or consolidated on to one flight - certainly until demand returns back to 2019 levels.

For example TUI cancelled a lot of European flights from smaller airports this summer as demand couldn’t justify the expense
I agree that I could see some cancellations and consolidations happening. I’m due out on 1st Nov from LHR with Virgin and we are the second flight to MCO that day.

I think it will be more likely down to lack of supply/logistics vs lack of demand if I’m honest.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
I agree that I could see some cancellations and consolidations happening. I’m due out on 1st Nov from LHR with Virgin and we are the second flight to MCO that day.

I think it will be more likely down to lack of supply/logistics vs lack of demand if I’m honest.
Logistics will be an issue but over the winter at least, there will definitely be lack of demand. Looking at VS on my December dates, cabins are maybe 10-20% occupied. I'm surprised they haven't already been consolidated tbh, especially with one of the flights still showing as the A330-200 which shouldn't be running out of LHR now as all remaining stock is in MAN.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
This says November 19th

I'd be personally surprised if it's the 19th when they've clearly said "Early November".
Could be wrong but I would assume a date prior to the 15th/middle of the month.
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
This says November 19th

Strange as that’s from the 20th sept and no one else has run with a date. You’d think if it were true then others would’ve come out with it by now. It’s not early November either, which is what all the official announcements said, some after that article was published.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

Might say from the horses mouth (but you know what I mean!) -
SandLake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List