Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

DLP Plan for Half term

Had planned to go to California in October 2020 for my 50th and when that was cancelled we shifted it one year and of course now that has gone too.

But this is the final time we can utilise the two week half term as DD’s being 15 and 18 are both leaving school at the same time to go to college and University so we had to do *something* this final year and we are off to DLP

So here is the plan and costs.

We will drive as we live in Kent.

We have an extra night nearby as we have the hotel and ticket package and we thought that we can drive down on day one, stay local and then not lose a days worth of DLP access.

le shuttle £155 (but used Tesco Clubcard vouchers)

One night in Magic Castle £120 (hotels.com again with vouchers)

3 nights in Newport bay. Two rooms £1448 (outrageous! But what can you do?) again using hotels.com as it was £120 cheaper than DLP direct. Includes 4 days park access.

Might see if we can add half board. Not sure if we can as we have not booked direct but I will make a call today. That’s an extra £620. Expensive, but DLP to eat - actually France in general - is so expensive anyway.

A tank and a half of fuel £120
Tolls £50

Not a bargain is it!

We go on Nov 1-5 and do not expect a heatwave🥶

15 year old will need three tests as I understand it. One to get in, one as we are there longer than 72 hours and the day 2 test when home. So that’s 6 tests in all which should add a tidy £200 to the final bill.

It had better be worth it!
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Do you have to be in Newport Bay? It’s one of the most expensive. Cheyenne is only an extra 5 minute walk and it’s fine.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

It will be , you’ll have a great time and DLP in autumn has a lovely vibe.
We are also driving over at half term.
We are driving down to Dover premier inn as my mum lives nearby so planning on taking them for dinner in Canterbury the day before and then Chunnel booked for 7:30am.
The drive is super easy, we’ve done it so many times and we only ever seem to hit a bit of traffic closer to Paris itself.
We also check in to magic castle for the first two nights as we are going into Paris for the Catacombs and then we have Art of marvel for 3 nights and half board dining and it was £2,260 for that or there abouts 😬 so yeah, very expensive!
NPB is lovely, stayed there on our last 3 trips.
Don’t know about testing as dd is 10 so luckily don’t think we need to do anything but a day 2 🤞🏼
Temp wise it usually the same as here so may not be that cold but we always take gloves just incase! Coldest time was feb when it got as low as minus 10!

Edited at 08:59 AM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Also there are nearby hotels much cheaper for one night. I have stayed in the Ibis Val d’Europe for £200 for three nights and it’s five minutes away.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Had planned to go to California in October 2020 for my 50th and when that was cancelled we shifted it one year and of course now that has gone too.

But this is the final time we can utilise the two week half term as DD’s being 15 and 18 are both leaving school at the same time to go to college and University so we had to do *something* this final year and we are off to DLP

We have an extra night nearby as we have the hotel and ticket package and we thought that we can drive down on day one, stay local and then not lose a days worth of DLP access.

3 nights in Newport bay. Two rooms £1448 (outrageous! But what can you do?) again using hotels.com as it was £120 cheaper than DLP direct. Includes 4 days park access.

Might see if we can add half board. Not sure if we can as we have not booked direct but I will make a call today. That’s an extra £620. Expensive, but DLP to eat - actually France in general - is so expensive anyway.

Tolls £50

Not a bargain is it!

15 year old will need three tests as I understand it. One to get in, one as we are there longer than 72 hours and the day 2 test when home. So that’s 6 tests in all which should add a tidy £200 to the final bill.

We have booked NPB for next May half term, hotel and tickets for four adults , one child, £4000! That’s two rooms for four nights though. Eurostar will likely add another £1200.

DH and I have two weeks at the Royal Pacific flying Premium next September for less than that!

Just sucking it up though to get our grandaughter to Disney, don’t fancy going to USA just yet with her,but hopefully the following year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Do you have to be in Newport Bay? It’s one of the most expensive. Cheyenne is only an extra 5 minute walk and it’s fine.
Yeah, this was part of the discussion. Also Santa Fe. But we decided to push the boat a little. Newport has a pool and that suited the wife and I as the kids are old enough to do to the park on their own if we want to meet them a later.

Off site was out as we didn’t want to drive and Park each day. That said, I know most have a shuttle. But we wanted a Disney hotel.

Must admit, the sensible choice was Cheyenne or off site in one room.

But what the heck 😆

Edited at 09:35 AM.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

Sequoia lodge is usually cheaper then NPB and has a pool. Also you can use Tesco vouchers on hotels.com for disney hotels? Might not make much of a dent in the bill but its something if you havent already used them on the shuttle

Paris 06, 19, 22?
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by rking89 View Post
Sequoia lodge is usually cheaper then NPB and has a pool. Also you can use Tesco vouchers on hotels.com for disney hotels? Might not make much of a dent in the bill but its something if you havent already used them on the shuttle
Yes, you can use them. But we used them all up on the le shuttle and the other hotel.

they were all 3X value so it didnt matter which part of the journey we used them on.

Sequoia Lodge is closed ta the moment, but that would have been an option

as an aside, we have the 7 day cancellation with Hotels.com so i thught id do a quick price check and our three days at Newport bay is now £2076 from disneylandparis.com and £1647 from hotels.com

Edited at 05:29 PM.
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SupersleuthTed
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

Tolls £50

Not a bargain is it!

We are going in May next year and I haven’t driven for a while to DLP but didn’t remember any tolls ! How many and how much ?

Enjoy your trip !
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by SupersleuthTed View Post
We are going in May next year and I haven’t driven for a while to DLP but didn’t remember any tolls ! How many and how much ?

Enjoy your trip !
If you use the motorways, then there are tolls. You can obviously meander through the countryside to avoid them if you enjoy driving and are not in a hurry. Many do.

I’m terms of how many there are, that all depends on your route as from Calais there are three relatively equal ways you can go - traffic dependent of course.

This website is excellent and will show you routes and tolls plus also work out your fuel costs!

viamichelin/