Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 2 Oct 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

Mobile Planning help for the big day

Hi everyone
We booked our wedding for October 2019 at Paradise Cove and it was all very exciting but now I’m getting a bit stressed and anxious about planning the day itself.
Our ceremony ends at 3pm (this was the latest we could get) and I had ideas of going for a nice meal at about 5 or so (we have 4 children in the group)... however, what are we going to do between 3 and 5?! I think because we have kids it’s a bit harder as we can’t just go somewhere to chat and have a drink. We kind of need some structure.

I am wondering whether to change the time of the ceremony to 11ish and then go for lunch, so that we can go straight there and the ‘wedding’ all be over by late afternoon.

I think I am struggling with wanting it to feel like a wedding (like you would have at home for instance) but it not being like that as we aren’t contained as only having a ceremony and needing to organise the rest ourselves.

Sorry for the huge ramble. Would really appreciate some help or reassurance!
squish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Why not have a brunch earlier then meal about 4pm? I assume you will be having photos etc anyway which will pass some time?
No reason why you can't go for a sit down somewhere. Just take something to keep the kids amused, colouring or something?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the reply. The ceremony is at 1.30 i think so we are told to be finished and leave (so to speak) at 3pm. Think they have another event to set up for.
I guess we could do a 3pm late lunch type thing...

I wanted to book the grand 1 yacht but we have too many guests unless they don’t include children!?

Didn’t realise how tricky this would be
squish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Anyone else out there with some ideas?
Old 3 Oct 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jacimac
Helping Mickey

Our DD gets married at Paradise Cove on 18th July2019 at 1:30 pm we have to arrive at 1pm and leave at 3pm, there were originally 12 of us going now there are 25 up to now, they have an evening party booked for our return back to UK but wanted to do something the day of the wedding to make it feel like a big wedding like you, we had contemplated having a sit down meal after photos either in a nice restaurant near Paradise Cove or onsite somewhere in Disney then like you hiring Grand Yacht 1 but now we have too many guests, when there were only 20 guests we thought change it to 2 pontoon boats but now that numbers have grown we would need 3 which is more added costs and not sure how that would work, we had a look at restaurants while we were there this July and I think they had decided on Tratoria Alforno at Disney’s Board Walk, but they are now thinking of Contemporary Resort to watch the fire works but not sure what to do during time between meal waiting for fireworks so like you we are struggling with plans and would be welcome for any suggestions also!
Southern Dunes Villas 2001, Disney All Star Music 2008, 2010, 2012, Disney POR & Bahamas Disney Dream Cruise 2014, NYC & Disney POR 2015, Disney POR 2016, Cape Coral, Keys & Disney CSR 2017, NYC & Disney POR 2018, Sol Terra Resort Villa, Pardise Cove Wedding & Disney CSR Honeymoon 2019
jacimac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Even though our wedding is small (just 2 guests) were struggling to make the day feel "special"

We're getting married at leu gardens at 11.30, we have the gazebo area for an hour but are free to begin the gardens after.
Then we were heading back to cabana bay to get changed, meal at Martinsville then hit universal/ioa.

Now it just doesn't feel "enough" if that makes sense?
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

We're getting married at Paradise Cove in December. Ceremony is at 1pm. Originally we were going to book somewhere for an early evening meal, but I couldn't find anywhere that I was happy with the vegetarian options (I generally find Florida to be quite problematic, but that's another story!).

We ended up deciding to do a chilled out meal back at our villa for our guests. A friend is going to run the BBQ for us, will just get salad bowls, cheese, bread etc, plus drinks (of course!).

We have booked to stay the night at The Polynesian, so we have said to everyone that we are going to watch the fireworks from the beach there. If they want to join us great, if not that is also completely fine.

We wanted something very relaxing and chilled. Am so excited, 58 days to go!
Ladyshopper is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
Even though our wedding is small (just 2 guests) were struggling to make the day feel "special"

We're getting married at leu gardens at 11.30, we have the gazebo area for an hour but are free to begin the gardens after.
Then we were heading back to cabana bay to get changed, meal at Martinsville then hit universal/ioa.

Now it just doesn't feel "enough" if that makes sense?
We got married in Leu Gardens just the two of us. It was a very special day and one we wouldn’t have changed.

We had a limo to and from the venue. Could a limo be an option to make it a bit more special if you don’t have one?

We got married in the afternoon and booked a very special restaurant (now closed sadly) where we could see the Epcot fireworks during our meal. So we stayed in our wedding clothes which made it a lovely day.

Leu Gardens is beautiful you will have a lovely day.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Hi

What have you decided in the end? Hope you're sorted now.

We got married on Cocoa Beach - just 6 adults and 2 kids. Very relaxed, no pressure - we got married, had some photo's taken, messed around on the beach for an hour or so (got soaked in the sea in our wedding gear) then myself, husband and 2 kids went for lunch (In what turned out to be a lap dancing bar ! ), and everyone else had the afternoon to do what they wanted. We met back up in the evening for dinner and a few drinks then went back to the villa where we were all staying together

We chose to get married as we did as we didn't want a huge wedding being the centre of attention and wanted it as relaxed and as normal day as possible as it was actually booked after the holiday itself so it was everyone's holiday rather than them being there for our wedding.

I think it depends what you want to do - if you want the bigger day then perhaps start the day earlier and make more lavish plans for the afternoon rather than just mooching around then have a nice meal in the evening? You could find a more lively place if you wanted a more party atmosphere?
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We chose Florida because we didn't want a big wedding vibe
We had a villa so with seven family members (three generations) plus three American friends for the day we had a catered buffet meal and entertainment back at the villa. We hired entertainment for the villa and had our own music. We of course all ended up in and around our own pool.

its probably harder to replicate that big wedding vibe in Florida but easier to put your own stamp on things.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List