Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Mar 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
We are going to POFQ- the small size appeals- however if you have a car and no kids- a resort with a quiet pool may suit you better- like POR
I had no kids and no car when I stayed at POFQ last year and loved the pool. Mind you I went in it in the evenings, after getting back from the parks, so a lot of little kiddos weren't there. Also guests at both Port Orleans resorts can use the pool/s of the other.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We loved POFQ. I like the theming, the size and the boat to Disney Springs. The food court is smaller than at POR (with less choice) but it is a lovely 10 minute gentle stroll along the river bank to the POR foodcourt from POFQ.
Old 15 Mar 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccas Dad
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed some years ago at POFQ and liked it.

Next trip we stayed at POR and liked it even more.We have had a few visits to POR since then.

Riverside is definitely our favourite, and believe it is the nicest moderate resort on Disney property.
Beccas Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually stay at SSR or AKL but due to lack of availability and SSR and high prices at AKL we are POFQ this year, which I’m really excited for actually as I’ve been wanting to stay here for ages. We had a wander over in October to see it again before our visit and can’t wait.

I’m coeliac and you will be fine. Disney are great st having options and accommodating your dietary needs so please don’t worry at all
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

We stayed at POFQ in December for a week, just myself and DH (as DD joined us later). We had a king room in building 1, with a river view. It was great. Enjoyed the food there, it's only a short walk to anywhere at the hotel, you can also walk along the river to POR or take the boat to DS, so you will have plenty of choices of where to eat. Also there was music on in the bar a lot of nights.

Have also stayed at CSR twice and really like this resort. With the lake to walk aroundit is very pretty, the pool area is lovely and now with the tower and restaurant on the lake it will have a better choice of places to eat. However, we always hire a car and do tend to drive to a lot of places to eat or get to the parks. The only time we took the bus to DS it took a good 45 minutes. Also it can be a bit of a walk to the food court, depending where your room is.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixie24
Getting Excited

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. This is so helpful and I really appreciate you replying. We are now leaning towards POFQ, with CSR/POR close seconds but would appreciate any other thoughts. Thanks again xx.
Old 16 Mar 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Never stayed at or visited Coronado Springs so cant comment on that. I have avoided it as a Conference Hotel as I spend too long at work. Don’t want to bump into work type things on holiday...

Have stayed at Caribbean Beach once and POR and POFQ multiple times.

My favourite is POR. I love the long walks you can take around the exceptionally beautiful resort. Great main pool and hot tub with a decent bar, showers and lockers. Also very nice quiet pools in each cluster of accommodations. Best QS food court I’ve visited on property with enough options to keep you going. Nice shop. Boat to Disney Springs. Lots of very quiet spaces. Really decent bar with Ye Haw Bob some nights. Decent table service restaurant. Not special but fine. Only open for dinner.

POFQ was great with small children and it’s small size and one bus stop is appealing when carrying sleeping little ones. Food court good but fewer options that POR. Boat to Disney Springs. For me the pool is just okay. No table service restaurant. However my DH loves this resort so...

Caribbean Beach. Not my vibe. Hated the food court. Table service place didn’t appeal but didn’t eat there. Buses confusing. Good pool. Decent quiet pools.

All the rooms are pretty much the same apart from a bit of theming/decoration. They all have the same facilities. Some at POR and CB have a fifth pull down bed. That reduces drawer storage though.

I’d choose POR. Hubby would choose POFQ.
Old 17 Mar 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have only ever stayed at POFQ for moderate, because we loved it the first time and every time we look at other moderates we always find a reason to believe they aren’t as good as POFQ! We are an adult couple and love the small resort, the boat to Disney Springs and find the food court more than adequate for our needs. We like not having far to walk at the end of a long park day and enjoy the pool when we have some chill out time. We mostly eat in the parks or at Disney Springs for TS.
I’m sure you’ll have a great time wherever you pick, we love the convenience of being in site.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List