Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 2 Jul 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger lily 3
Trying for More Ears

1st draft Aug 2020 I know very early thoughts please

I know I’m keen but here goes, going with another family so needed rough draft obviously things can change when next years hours released nothing set in stone THANKS DIBBERS ME HUBBY KIDS 16 16 and 20

TUES 4 th Aug flight villa and food supplies

WED. TYPHOON LAGOON TILL WE ALL DIP

THURS LATE START HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
FANTASMIC

FRI LATE START EPCOT ILLUMINATIONS

SAT CLEARWATER BEACH DAY

SUN. ANIMAL KINGDOM

MON. UNIVERSAL HOTEL CHECKIN IOA

TUES. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

WED. VOLCANO BAY

THURS. BUSH GARDENS

FRI. DISCOVERY COVE

SAT. Am SHOPPING pm VILLA/ POOL
AFTERNOON EVE BARBY

SUN. FREE MORNING PM MAGIC KINGDOM
PM FIREWORKS 🎇

MON FREE MORNING THEN PM HOLLYWOOD
STUDIOS STAR WARS FIREWORKS 🎆

TUES. HOME EARLY EVE SO FREE DAY
Tiger lily 3 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

OMD haven't even done mine for Aug 2019!
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally i would not do late starts in the first few days - most people are up at 4 or 5am so they are the ideal days to be rope dropping parks.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d do early starts initially, we are always up very early and you make the most of the parks getting there for rope drop. You can also leave early and get some pool time in the afternoon when it’s incredibly hot.
Old 3 Jul 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As the others have said, I'd do early starts on your first few days - leave a few lie ins until later
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I agree with the others, to swap your evenings to early mornings, for the first few days. My DD17 said she could've easily fallen asleep at 5pm on day 2 during our August trip.

The heat really wears you out too, so it's very hard to do full days at the parks.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiger lily 3
Trying for More Ears

Thanks everyone just thought it might be a bit of a long day if staying each evening to watch the fireworks or does the day go quickly I imagine I will spend a lot of time in ques for various attractions as going peak time
Tiger lily 3 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

I would suggest the first few days are early starts and early ish finishes. But you might be ok staying late as you dont have young kids who are less likely to make it.

But it does depend what fits with how your family will be in terms of getting up early / long days.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tiger lily 3 View Post
Thanks everyone just thought it might be a bit of a long day if staying each evening to watch the fireworks or does the day go quickly I imagine I will spend a lot of time in ques for various attractions as going peak time
Rope drop to fireworks would be a long day in a single park, however if you start in one park and finish in another it doesn’t seem as tiring, a change being as good as a rest. I agree that you should drop the late starts and free mornings. You could also do the fireworks in your second week, you don’t have to do them every time you are there.

It also feels like you will be getting poor value for money ticket wise, assuming you have not already bought tickets, I would ditch some things in order to do others better. One day per park, especially in peak season, is not enough time for most parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

I would consider changing the first day from Typhoon Lagoon to another park - you're going to be up extremely early so I would either go to one of the parks and rope drop one of the most popular rides: Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash, etc.

I would also consider switching the Universal dates, if you've done Universal before I think IOA has more things to do, so I would assign a full day for that and then do Universal Studios on check-in day. Anything you miss could be done in the evening after Volcano Bay.

It looks as if Animal Kingdom on the first Sunday is the only morning park you'll be doing - the rest are all later in the day. I would consider making my first week full of "AM" parks and switching/leaving around dinner time, and then do "PM" parks in the second week. You'll be awake early the first couple/few days so it makes sense to do the parks early and take advantage of the smaller morning crowds. I appreciate if there's more than one family going it can be difficult to navigate this sort of stuff though.

Edited at 07:55 AM.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List