Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 22 Nov 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
The Uk is having black November as we don’t celebrate thanksgiving hence all the offers at different dates , just encourages you to spend more
There are plenty of places that are having Black Friday sales in the UK. Or, at least, they call them "Black Friday sales". Some of them have already started.

Some places also had "Black November" sales because, erm, they didn't want to restrict themselves just to the Friday. It gets people to spend more, as you say.

I'm still surprised businesses and advertisers haven't managed to get the UK to celebrate Thanksgiving yet. They managed it with Halloween and Black Friday (and some schools have "Spring Break" nowadays). They could get us to buy lots of food to eat at the end of November as well as at the end of December. I'm sure they are missing a trick there.

However, getting us to celebrate the 4th of July might be a bit of a stretch.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
You definitely have my sympathy.

It would be better, at least, if it replaced Boxing Day sales, so staff don't have to deal with both. I'm guessing that's not happening.
Not a chance lol... the only good thing about working Boxing Day is it’s crazy busy so at least it passes quick and I know when I get home there’s still chocolate to be eaten lol xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

Being a postman I really don’t like Black Friday/cyber Monday. It gets crazy crazy busy till Christmas.
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The sales start now and last until a week or so into the new year from what I can tell.

Black Friday (and pre-Black Friday) sales from mid November, then pre Christmas sales throughout December, followed by Boxing Day and New Years sales after that. Almost 2 months worth of sales (not to mention the post-Summer Autumn sales).

Funny when you think that at this time of year there's more demand to buy things so no real need to have sales. It's almost like these "sales" were manufactured in order to get us to buy even more whilst we're already in the mood to buy things. Hmm...
I work in an outlet store, one of the conditions of items being in sale in there is they have to be 30% cheaper than rrp so always on offer anyway , our sales though seem to be constant lately, today until 20th December Black Friday and Christmas late nights so seasonal offers after Black Friday sale finishes two weeks today, then Boxing Day sale starts until end of January, mid feb will be clearance sale to get ready for new season launch in spring , sales again June, clearance usually end July into August ready for new season launch September , then sale October, then November is here again and silly season... It’s a continuous cycle
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Amazing echo dots for £22. Ordered two for the kids.
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
Anyone had a simba mattress? What are your thoughts?

There is good deal for black friday but worried that it will feel weird being foam.

Many thanks!
You can try Simba in one of the bed shops, I think it was Dreams? Personally I'd never buy a mattress I've not tried as comfort is so personal. We tried it and didn't like it, others have said they love it. I've also heard the returns on the 100 night trial or whatever it is aren't as straight forward as they make out.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There are plenty of places that are having Black Friday sales in the UK. Or, at least, they call them "Black Friday sales". Some of them have already started.

Some places also had "Black November" sales because, erm, they didn't want to restrict themselves just to the Friday. It gets people to spend more, as you say.

I'm still surprised businesses and advertisers haven't managed to get the UK to celebrate Thanksgiving yet. They managed it with Halloween and Black Friday (and some schools have "Spring Break" nowadays). They could get us to buy lots of food to eat at the end of November as well as at the end of December. I'm sure they are missing a trick there.

However, getting us to celebrate the 4th of July might be a bit of a stretch.
It’s ridiculous isn’t it , Halloween fell flat though round here this year I think , not many shops stocked much at all.

I do see the point of saving money before Christmas though. It will help a lot of families out .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I do see the point of saving money before Christmas though. It will help a lot of families out .
You are assuming that these savings are real.

As you said yourself, the sales encourage people to spend more. In general, families probably end up spending more on stuff they don't really need. Because, hey, it's a "bargain"!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:56 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I work in an outlet store, one of the conditions of items being in sale in there is they have to be 30% cheaper than rrp so always on offer anyway , our sales though seem to be constant lately, today until 20th December Black Friday and Christmas late nights so seasonal offers after Black Friday sale finishes two weeks today, then Boxing Day sale starts until end of January, mid feb will be clearance sale to get ready for new season launch in spring , sales again June, clearance usually end July into August ready for new season launch September , then sale October, then November is here again and silly season... It’s a continuous cycle
It's like the joke about the never-ending DFS sales. It's difficult to buy a sofa from them when there isn't a sale on.

The sale prices are actually the normal price. It's just that in between the sales the prices go up.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 22 Nov 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

It's like the joke about the never-ending DFS sales. It's difficult to buy a sofa from them when there isn't a sale on.

The sale prices are actually the normal price. It's just that in between the sales the prices go up.
Lol that's true about the DFS ads, they always had a sale on. I wish the price would just remain consistent across the year rather than on offer one minute and not the next, makes for an awful lot of work chopping and changing process all the time... I'll be pricing "black Friday" offers in a mo when I get to work, then will change em again in a fortnight, then three weeks after change em again ready for boxing day sale